Over 2 years later - if you have regressed?

Shar eD
on 10/20/14 8:23 am

Has anyone lost weight after surgery and then after 2 years, regressed and gained about 25 lbs back?  Were you given any advice by the professionals?  I've been avoiding the hospital, hoping to get back on track myself, which is probably pretty dumb.  Help!

jastypes
on 10/21/14 3:59 am - Croydon, PA

You're definitely not alone.  I had a 45 pound regain before I got back on track.  I did NOT do it alone, though.  I went back to my WLS support group and also to Overeaters Anonymous.  Eventually, I saw a nutritionist to figure out the food side of the equation!  I re-lost the 45 pounds plus a little more.  We still have this remarkable tool.  We just have to go back to using it the way it was designed to be used.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

tgrlnh
on 10/21/14 4:43 am
RNY on 06/05/12

I am about 29 months out and I have gained 10lbs and really kicking myself for it.  We really just need to concentrate on the basics and go back there.  I have a friend who is in the same position.

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

indybuttercup
on 11/1/14 11:30 pm - Indianapolis, IN

I was 550 got down to 295 in first 2 years and for over 2 years floated between 295 and 330. dr said she didn't consider it failure/regain because the % of my loss at 330 was extreem. i was considered super sized at 550. i was in a size 18/20 and am 6 foot tall. she marked me as a sucess for her. i loved and accepted myself at 330 to 300 as 18 was my goal size. i started at size 6x, 44 in womans. After getting dumped from a long term relationship (6 years out)  I worried about regain and went back to high protien for 3 months to make sure I didn't emotionally eat. i measured oz again for the first time in years. i lost another 107 lbs in 3 month, 6 years out, eating 3 meals a day with 6 to 8 oz of protien per meal and low carbs. dr was amazed. pouch kicked right back in. i love this tool. got skin removal shortly after. :)

Kristen V.
on 11/29/14 4:12 am - Bakersfield, CA

I am 11 years out, and I had several occasions of regression along the way. The fact is wls gives us the tool, but long term it definitely falls back on us to maintain or reach our goal. If you don't get right with your diet you will have long term stomach issues. Many of us experience it around the 9-10 year point. I have since had to completely change my way of thinking, from being a wls patient, to just a person on a journey to achieve optimal health and fitness. I've since become a BeachBody coach and have committed my life to helping others on their journey through accountability and friendship. I run a group on Facebook for that very thing. If anyone who is struggling needs support, I'm always happy to help. You can friend me at www.facebook.com/kikkipoo and I'll get you connected with the most amazing group of people you will ever call your friends 

Most Active
Recent Topics