Losing the baby weight years after WLS

KayKay82
on 10/29/14 4:21 pm

Hello everyone, I am in need of sincere advice and I hope I can find it here.

I had gastric bypass surgery in Dec 2007.. my weight day of surgery was 350 and in 2011, when I got married I was 220.  I was happy and content at that weight... I felt beautiful.. I had the plastic surgery to remove excess skin.  I never realized that I was not going to stay at 220 forever! I ate anything and everything, moderately and I exercised heavily... I was not gaining neither was I losing but since I was comfortable, I didn't really put too much effort on weight loss. 

Then I got pregnant and had a baby and went up to 281 :(

My son is now a year and half old and since February this year I have been actively trying to lose weight by doing what I did best, avoid junk and exercise.  I have not been so consistent but I did manage to lose about 25lbs... but what I did to lose that weight is almost starve myself.  I lost 10 lbs in the month of Ramadan because of fasting and because I completely cut off sugar and gluten... I lost another 10 lbs with the 17 day diet which is a very low carb diet... I couldn't continue because it left me feeling weak and unable to exercise, and I stpped losing weight with it after the second week... The day I start eating normal, I gain weight and I don't know why this happens! I'm so confused and don't even know what to do to lose weight without feeling weak and achy all over... Is there a special diet that we WLS grads need to be on? I was never educated on this! I don't live in the state where I had my surgery, but would you recommend going back to a surgeon office and get the help of the support team? Or are there any other support systems out there that help us lose weight again... I work really hard and I am motivated, but I just don't have a plan that will be effective...

Please help :)

Thank you

NYMom222
on 11/2/14 1:16 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I am not a graduate, but your post came up on my computer. Have you considered seeing a Nutritionist? Maybe call a local Bariatric Surgeon's office, explain that you recently moved and are unfamiliar with the area and do they recommend anyone. I am not someone who could do without carbs forever, but if you do like you did in the beginning and - Protein first, vegetables second, fruit and starches if you still have room. It might get you restarted. If I have a starchy carb I try not to do it more than once a day, and a small portion. Count your protein and carbs. that will help too. Also post on the RNY board it is way more active. There is a daily post "What are you eating today RNYers?" that you can read for ideas and post for accountability. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics