Long time depression has ended

Jeffboutwell77
on 1/12/15 10:10 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

It has been over a year since I last reported anything and that is simply due to the fact that I have been going through extreme changes. Within the last year I have lost my business, my Marriage, and my self confidence. It has not effected my health because I swore to myself that no matter how bad it gets I would treat myself with dignity and respect. 

Now I have a new business, new goals, new feeling of self worth and an overwhelming desire to excel. I stayed active with exercise and eating right and it has paid off. I just want to recommend anyone who is going through changes to keep holding on and remember that it is only for a season. My motto has always been, "lose the weight and gain my soul." How true this is that we have been the catalyst of those who persevere with the understanding that surgery is not the easy way out, but a tool to regain ourselves through the life we once had before we succumbed to obesity. We once were physical giants but now we are giants on the inside facing adversity and conquering the past mistakes. So let not these challenges face us but let us face the challenges head on, and become the victors of life.

side effects of this post include: self confidence, self accomplishment and an overwhelming feeling that you just slapped adversity in the face, and it is crying like a little girl!!!

LIFE IS HARD, BUT GIVING UP HAS NO REWARDS!!!

Stacy_WLS
on 1/12/15 11:30 pm

Congratulations :)

I'm so glad you made it to the other side.  Depression is a beast.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Jeffboutwell77
on 1/13/15 10:34 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

I totally agree... Thanks for replying.

Lori S.
on 1/15/15 4:45 am - WI

Very encouraging words to hear, and just the right time in my life to hear them!!!  I am 6 months out from my RNY and am going through some pretty extreme changes as well.  Your words came along in the nick of time!  Thank you and all the best!!

Jeffboutwell77
on 1/18/15 10:06 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Just hang in there Lori there are going to be rough patches but when you see how everyone views you when you get to your goal it will be all worth it. chin up buttercup...

Most Active
Recent Topics