I'm back. Not sure of this is the right place for me?

Redfraggle18
on 1/25/15 8:48 am

I had RNY almost 5 years ago (it will be 5 years in march).  I lost 130lbs. Then. I got complacent. Put some back on. Maybe 15 pounds.  I was okay with it.  Then we had an oops baby.  So the baby weight came on. Not too bad, but now I feel like I've completely reverted. I have to get my head (and body) back in the game.  It's been so long since I've had a protein shake. I must get back to basics.  Just posting to hopefully get some support!

Gwen M.
on 1/26/15 1:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Luckily you've done this before, so you know that you can do it :)  And you can!  

If you're not already, track everything that you put into your mouth with something like My Fitness Pal.  That'll let you see what you need to change.  From there, work on getting back to your basics.  Here are mine, yours might be slightly different.  

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/15 12:25 pm - Dennis Port, MA

Nice to know I'm not the only one! I'm 10+ years out and after 2 babies I'm definitely NOT at the weight I need to be, mostly my own fault. I need to start from basics again, shrink the pouch because I KNOW that I have stretched it eating too much, and I think the #1 thing that we both need is peer support! Hubby recently gained a bit of weight but he's been skinny his entire life, so he doesn't quite understand why me being at this weight is emotionally hard. Let's do this together, we CAN be hot mommas and be happy with ourselves!!

Most Active
Recent Topics