Fat blockers two years out?

newmetocome24
on 1/31/15 10:00 pm - RI
RNY on 06/27/12

I am 2.5 years post op and am obsessed over not gaining my weight back! Has anyone tried fat blockers from the it works company or something similar? What are your thoughts?

Gwen M.
on 2/1/15 9:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My thoughts are that this is something you should be talking about with a therapist instead of trying out some fad diet pill.  Being obsessed with this isn't a healthy thing.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

lynnc99
on 2/2/15 7:37 pm

So...here's the deal. 

You've made tremendous progress and being very conscious of your eating is important as you go forward to maintain. The minute we think "it's ok" to eat something ridiculous....we are headed down a road of self deception that can get us into trouble. But we don't need to obsess. We just need to be careful. 

As for fat blockers, why would you need them? These block fats you ingest from being absorbed. Alli is a type of over the counter fat blocker, and we al know what the side effects of THAT were/are! Are you eating high fat foods that concern you? Have you strayed off program and having a hard time coming back?

The answer is not a pill...not a fad diet...not something sold on the internet. We all know how those work - or don't work. It may be natural for us to look at these things as viable options but the truth is still the truth. The ONLY way to maintain and avoid regain is to eat according to a reasonable maintenance plan, get some exercise, and stay in touch with a support system to keep the accountability high. 

newmetocome24
on 2/2/15 10:32 pm - RI
RNY on 06/27/12

Thank you so much for the feedback. I started this journey at 381 pounds and a size 24, now I am a size 10/12 and vary between 206-218. I have strayed and tried some things at Christmas that I would have never before but I was feeling bold. It's not a true obsession, I just am very afraid of gaining. I joined the gym again and am doing it the safe way!

Cathy W.
on 2/3/15 11:51 am

The way to not have weight regain is to eat lean proteins followed by vegetables and complex carbs.  No grazing, processed foods or simple carbs.  Mix in being active and exercising.  Drink 64 ounces of water.  

That is the healthy recipe for not regaining weight.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Kristi K.
on 3/5/15 1:54 am - Green Lane, PA

I so relate to you! I had fears of regain and I did regain 55 lbs from my lowest weight, even with going to the gym 5-6 days a week, doing bootcamp, and making sure I got all my fluids in. I had just let unhealthy food choices creep back in little by little.(i had rny 6 years ago) I also looked into the fat blockers, etc. and realized what I have always known...there is no quick fix or magic pill or drink that will keep me from regain...I have to make the right healthy choices. I found an awesome, wls friendly, easy plan that has helped me lose 24 of the 55 lbs of regain in only 2 months! No hunger, lots of energy, no constantly planning and obsessiong over my diet. Really a good plan. I love it so much I returned to OH to try to help other like me who are struggling. I'd love to share it with you! Message me!

Kristi

Most Active
Recent Topics