Abd Ultrasound after gastric bypass

Charlene R.
on 2/5/15 12:02 pm - Brunswick, GA

I had gastric bypass years ago. In the recent past I had reconstruction after weight loss. Approx 6 months ago-afterwards I have had abd pains. The local doctors unaware of effects with taking contrast for abd ultrasound. If most of my stomach isn't attached to my esophagus then drinking 2 quarts of contrast endangers my pouch but it would never go to my old stomach right? Any suggestions appreciated. I did call my surgeon but never heard from them at this moment.

Charlene Reeves          
Bibo
on 2/5/15 1:18 pm

I have had many abdominal studies after RNY. The fizzy part hurts like heck but I did it ONCE. often, the radiologist can get by with making the liquid "thin" But it's totally do-able (NOT PLEASANT). Often doesn't take as much as a non op to get what they need done. There is a clear prep that works much better for me than the banana flavor, and that one was like drinking a glass of water. It does not typcially show the remnant stomach. Only way i have heard to see inside that is actually going in surgically. Diagnostic Laproscopy. Contrast is constipating, so believe them when they say don't skimp on water afterwards.

Most Active
Recent Topics