Losing the regain...Slow and Steady, but Mostly just Slow

lynnc99
on 2/12/15 8:20 am

I posted a few weeks back about my determination to take off 35 lbs of regain....before it became 45. 

And it's mostly been going pretty well. I am seeing a dietitian weekly and following her plan. Which worked great for the first 15 lbs. 

And then...nothing. (Remember the word "stall"? Yeah. That's it.)

So this week I ramped things up a bit - added a protein shake, removed some carbs, and it looks like we might be moving the right direction. 

But wow. I want results and I want them NOW. Or yesterday. 

As of this morning I am down 18 lbs. since the week before Thanksgiving. Not shabby, but it's definitely a test of my patience. 

Several of you mentioned you were tackling the same issue....how are you doing?

Cathy W.
on 2/12/15 8:30 am, edited 2/13/15 1:20 am

I've had two periods of weight regain.  I guess I'm hard headed enough that I didn't learn the first time LOL.  It was a huge wake up call because losing weight regain is much slower than it was when I originally lost my weight.  Like you, I wanted results and wanted them now or yesterday!

Down 18 pounds since late November is great.  You're doing lots of proactive things by seeing a dietitian weekly, and ramping up and tweaking what you're eating.

I've lost my regain but it was super slow.  You're doing all the right things so it'll come off.  Hang in there - you'll be glad you did.  

Check out the Back On Track Together OH Group too.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

DailyMae123
on 2/12/15 11:09 am

Hi Lynn,  I'm trying to lose my regain also.  I am about 1/2 way.  I was up 30 lbs.  My fat jeans were getting tight.  I decided I don't want another bigger size.  I'm hanging in there.  Most days are ok and some(today) I want to eat something 'good'.  Coming here, reading and participating is helping me to stay on track.  Good for you, keep going. 

just stacey
on 2/13/15 3:27 am - north hollwood, CA

Oh Wow I can so relate...All I can say is hang in there..YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

jastypes
on 2/13/15 3:45 am - Croydon, PA

If I'm not mistaken, it took me about 6-8 months to re-lose my 45 pound regain, plus some more.  Some months the scale even went in the wrong direction!  How dare it!!!  Looking back, I learned a lot in the journey, and the rewards of sanity, control, gratitude and happiness far outweighed (pun intended) the numbers rewards.  Also, while my dietician would probably remind me that I was impatient at the time, now it seems like it happened in a heartbeat.  I mean what's 6-8 months in the course of a lifetime? 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Gwen M.
on 2/13/15 5:43 am
VSG on 03/13/14

18 pounds since Thanksgiving is awesome.  That's actually more than I've lost since Thanksgiving, and I'm still less than a year post-op.  :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Road Less Travelled
on 2/13/15 12:14 pm
VSG on 12/13/10 with

following this thread.  I just popped back into the forum after a few years -- surprise, I've gained 25 pds over those 2 years -- so I need to get back on track.  18 pds since Nov sounds amazing to me!  keep up the good work.

July 2007 = lap band ...Sept 2010: lap band removed....Dec 2010 VSG
HW: 283... VSG SW: 244 ..  got down to 170 -- now at 193 and "back on track" ....GW: 155

Most Active
Recent Topics