Some encuragemrnt

rynbiz
on 3/11/15 12:32 pm - Surprise, AZ

I just started back on my loss diet plain of three protein shakes a day and ok so my low weight was 160 from my surgery weight of 275lbs I am 3 yrs gastric bypass I am back up to 190 should I be concered

Ladytazz
on 3/11/15 1:03 pm

I would guess it depends.  Was 160 lbs a healthy weight for you?  Why are you gaining.  Is it from bad eating habits?  That would concern me more then the excess weight.  Work on the eating and the weight will take care of it's self.

If you feel good about how you are eating then it may be "bounce back".  They say that many WLS patients regain a certain amount of lost weight over time.  Is your weight currently stable or is continuing to go up? If you are easily maintaining this weight and eating in a comfortable way for yourself then this may just be your new normal.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

rynbiz
on 3/11/15 1:17 pm - Surprise, AZ

well actually 175 was a healthy weight I stayed there for a year just over the last year satarted eating more carbs and relaxing on protein I would be happy if I can get back to 175

lynnc99
on 3/11/15 7:37 pm

Yes, be concerned. But also be grateful. If you want to get back to 175, that would be a 15 lb loss - and you can lose 15 lbs. But if you bury your head in the sand and just think "I don't need to worry," the scale will creep up even higher.

Ditch the carbs, eat your protein, get some exercise....and watch what happens!

Laura in Texas
on 3/12/15 2:14 am

At three years out, it gets real. Lots of people fall back into bad habits and start to gain by the 3 year mark. Get it under control before you gain more. 15 pounds is easy. It's harder when it gets 50+. Maintenance is much harder than losing for most of us. You have to believe you are worth the effort.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cathy W.
on 3/13/15 6:11 am

Weight regain is common and happens to many of us.  You've reached out which is great.  15 pounds can turn into 30, and 30 can turn into 50.  

Are you concerned about gaining?  Have you returned to old habits such as grazing, eating simple carbs, not (or decreasing) exercise among others?  If old habits have become a problem, then you probably should be concerned.  Return to the healthy habits you created when you first lost weight.  Check out OH's BMI calculator as well to assess if you should be concerned.

Check out the Back On Track Together OH group for additional support.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

DailyMae123
on 3/17/15 11:45 am

Ah yeah.  I was concerned when I gained 15lbs.  Apparently not concerned enough because I swear it was overnight when I woke up to 30 pounds.  You decide.  Should you be worried?!?

Most Active
Recent Topics