Vegan Protein Drink?

mxm622
on 3/15/15 7:59 am

Hi everyone!

Can anyone recommend a vegan protein drink/shake that can be used if one has had a gastric bypass?

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/16/15 4:55 am

Soy based drinks can be an option,,, unless like me you are allergic or don't like an idea about soy based drink...

I discovered I am allergic to whey and soy. From so many of the vegan drinks i tried - the only few are drinkable... IMO.

Vega line- the Vega One or the Vega sport are oK.  The Vega smoothies are really nice (IMO) then there is Orgain  ( I think Costco sells the chocolate) 

If you used to more earthy tastes - The Hemp protein powder can be mixed with flavors and it is drinkable. 

The rest I tried  - were to me either off or plain nasty.. I still kept them and added to my baking (instead of flour).  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lynnc99
on 3/16/15 9:35 pm

I've been looking for vegan sources too....bodybuilding.com offers a number of choices and a couple get decent reviews.

Y D.
on 3/19/15 3:27 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

MRM makes a vegan powder, and I was able to find it at my local grocery store. It's not the tastiest... but it has decent stats and its vegan.

http://www.amazon.com/MRM-Protein-Nutritional-Supplement-Vanilla/dp/B0052ONXWQ

Crazeru
on 3/30/15 4:59 am

I saw a plant based protein drink at Sams - don't remember the name.  I use Optimum Eggwhite protein shakes, no whey or soy.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

serenitynow1967
on 4/19/15 10:35 am - Lakewood, OH

Hi! I use Shakeology Vegan chocolate and it's really yummy!!

Most Active
Recent Topics