2015 will bring my 10 year anniversary!

Karen K.
on 3/31/15 2:44 am - Weymouth, MA

Hi all,  

I had the roux-ny surgery in Nov 2005.  I weighed about 260 lbs at 5'5" tall.  It was one of the best choices I've ever made.  I have been very successful at keeping the weight off- I have fluctuated- I initially got down to 175 about a year after surgery- but I have lost more over time...currently at about 135- the lowest I have ever been in my adult life.  There have been times of great compliance and times of "me do it my way".  I know for me that the vertical sleeve or band methods would not have been a good choice for me because there is no doubt that the intestinal change has been what has made me this successful.  I still can "dump" from high fat/sugar foods- and if I eat too much or too fast I can still feel crampy and uncomfortable after.  I can eat everything.....and certain foods (like high fat ice creams) only in small amounts.  I stop by this site every once in a while to stay inspired but as I am coming to the milestone time I thought I would post something.  How do I add photos?   It's been a long time.....

KK

JB1114
on 3/31/15 6:48 am - Grain Valley, MO

Congratulations on your success.  My 7th anniversary is in July this year.  I regained a few lbs. and am working to get those off plus I would like to lose 20 more.  I've been very happy with the surgery.  I too dump on sugar and high fat foods.  A great motivator for NOT eating such things.  Occasionally, I have a 1/2 cup of ice cream but only if the sugar is low.  I really don't miss it at all.  Never thought I could pass up Rocky Road. 

I've not added pictures to a message so can't help you there.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

jastypes
on 4/2/15 5:31 am - Croydon, PA

Glad you posted!  Congratulations on your successing!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Patm
on 4/2/15 11:02 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Love to hear stories like this. I am only 3 years out and like to hear of longer successes

Most Active
Recent Topics