Skin Removal for Lap Band grad with high BMI

jamilahlax
on 4/1/15 4:16 am

Hi WLS Graduates,

I’m hoping you can help me out with some resources. I had my 4cc Lap Band surgery in 2003 and have had no problems with my band. My starting weight was 515, current weight 290 (that’s a total loss of 225 lbs or 43% body weight, over the standard skin surgery recommendation of 40%). I’ve been steady at 290 for the past several years. I’ve decided to pursue skin removal surgery for the skin on my upper arms and back, where I’ve got lots of loose skin that hasn’t budged or changed in years.

I’m looking for a surgeon in the NYC or MA areas that performs skin removal surgeries on graduate banisters with high BMIs. I respectfully ask that folks not offer advice to wait for more weight loss before pursuing surgery (though I respect those who choose to wait until they reach their goal weight, of course). This is the right choice for me right now. 

What I’m looking for are recommendations of surgeons who perform skin removal on banisters who’ve had weight loss success but still have high BMIs. 

Many, many thanks in advance for your help. Hope everyone is well!

JLX

Crazeru
on 6/10/15 11:44 am

You can send pics - front, side, back, side to [email protected] and ask him for a quote and if he has a problem.  I know one of his other patients has been in his OR 3x as she has lost weight and was about your weight.  Even though she knew she'd need revisions later as she lost more weight, some of the skin had to be removed.  I'll send her a PM to contact you and you can see some of her pics.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Iam_with_the_Band
on 6/11/15 1:36 pm

Chris is talking about me. I first went for a tummy tuck and arm lift. My tummy skin was causing me chronic back issues. He removed it and did my arms. I had lost 200 lbs at that point but still weighed 281. I lost another 80 lbs and returned for my revision and lbl and face and thighs. I am returning again for 5 more procedures to make a total of 14 procedures and a loss of over 340 lbs. 

dr Sauceda is the best! 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

jamilahlax
on 8/12/15 1:49 pm

Thank you Chris and IAWTB! I am so grateful to hear about Dr. sauceda. I would also love to hear more about your experience revising to the sleeve. What helped you make that decision? Has you already had skin surgery, or did that happen after the sleeve? Many thanks again! Jamila

Iam_with_the_Band
on 8/12/15 1:54 pm

I didn't revise to the lapband until after losing the weight and having the 3 surgeries. I will return to mty for the rest of my surgeries. I love my sleeve. I had a lot of scar tissue build up around my band and it caused it to tighten suddenly and my band had to be removed in an emergency surgery.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active
Recent Topics