Menu Ideas

NJO104
on 4/24/15 6:17 am

Hi everyone! Goodness I haven't visited this site since right after my RNY 16 years ago.  Like other people I have gained 45 unwanted pounds back! I have been eating a very limited number of foods for the last 3 weeks and am looking for some ideas from people that are many years post op.  This is what I've been eating:

B- coffee (can't make it without it) 1 hard boiled egg, 1/4 cup plain oatmeal and 1/2 banana

L- 3 oz grilled chicken & 1/2 - 3/4 cup steamed or roasted veggies

D- Same as lunch

NO SNACKS and tons of Vitamin Water Zero and water with Crystal Light

I do not drink with meals and wait 1 & 1/2 hours afterward to have a beverage

The first 10 days I lost 11 pounds! Last week and a half -ZERO

Just curious what you all eat and what foods and amounts have worked for you in getting off any regained weight.

Thank you in advance!

Gwen M.
on 4/24/15 12:07 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

There's a post in the RNY forum every day where people share what they're eating.  That might be useful for you!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Eggface
on 4/24/15 9:29 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I do menu posts w/ recipes on my blog not every day but a few times a week (8 years worth) 

Hope it give you a few ideas.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

NJO104
on 4/24/15 9:43 pm

Thank you! I'll check out your blog. 

lynnc99
on 4/25/15 2:00 am

If you had that dramatic quick loss up front - don't be surprised if your body has to adjust for a few days afterward!

Here's what I am eating these days - this is my ideal, though, and I'm not perfect!

B  - Quest or Teras protein shake mixed with water

S - 2nd shake

L - low fat protein (beef, chicken, fish, or turkey), veggie, possibly 1/2 tbsp butter or fat free salad dressing

S - Fruit

D - same as lunch, plus a starch such as a baked sweet potato but don't have that every day. 

I don't eat rice or pasta. I have bread about twice a week. 

I drink 64 oz water a day. And yes, I drink diet pepsi. It's my indulgence. 

NJO104
on 4/25/15 3:23 am

Thank you for your reply! Once in a while I have a few sips of diet coke however the bubbles STILL bother me even after all these years. Are you eating this to maintain or are you trying to lose a little as well? I joined a gym this weekend with a friend so hopefully that will kick it up a notch.  I've been walking (so much my dog doesn't want to go with me every time, lol) but I'm thinking I need more.  I'm just so mad at myself, how could I let this happen after being at my goal weight for over 10 years! I'm also in my late 40's which makes it even harder to get the pounds off but I'm not giving up!

lynnc99
on 4/25/15 1:31 pm

I'm tackling some regain - down 25 of the 35 I had regained, mostly in the last year. It was just bad habits and being neglectful that brought the lbs. on - but I will warn you, they go off SLOWLY. But they do, indeed, come off! I am 59 and had surgery at 53, so I know very well the impact of age too - but we are fortunate to be able to get the exercise we need and have the sense to say "Enough!"

I have a gym membership but work hours make it challenging to get there - ah, excuses excuses! Lately I've been walking a lot more which seems to be a help. Need to tone up the thighs!

Most Active
Recent Topics