10 year surgiversary

audigirl
on 6/15/15 5:53 pm - Remus, MI

Today is my 10 year surgiversary (Rouxny) I always wondered where I would be at this point. I am very happy to say that in 10 years, I am 10 lbs up from my lowest weight. I'm not proud of the 10 lbs...I'm proud that I lost the weight and maintained it on my own. People always said I took the "easy way out" by having my surgery. Noone understands this is only a tool to help you. While it's true I lost all my weight in 3 months, keeping it off and staying healthy has been my own doing. In the 10 years, I have learned what I can and cannot eat and I have also had no issues with stretching my pouch. I still cannot eat much, buffets are a waste of money, I still dump if I eat things I shouldnt. But the stress on my body when I was overweight has lessened, even though the damage to my joints was done. Life is better than it would have been had I not received the help I got. To all the new patients and to the one****ting plateaus....if you want this. You can do it. Noone can do it for you. Seeing those results makes it all worth it. We are all butterfly inside this obese ****oon. We are beautiful and we can be free. I wish you all the best

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/16/15 4:18 am

Thank your posting an update. I am 7 years post op. Maintenance is hard. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Trudy_29
on 6/16/15 5:25 am

Congrats to you!!

JA
on 6/23/15 5:08 am - East Haven, CT

Congratulations to you!  I am right behind you - I'll celebrate 11 yrs in July!  This is the hardest thing I've ever done.  I hate when people say it was the easy way out.  This was never easy and still isn't, but the results are worth every struggle.  I have been fortunate enough to keep my weight off.  I do, from time to time, go up a few lbs, then buckle down and get it off. 

You should really be proud of yourself, a lot of people do not keep their weight off.

JA

RNY 7/21/2004 - 100lbs forever

Hedy W.
on 8/6/15 11:39 am - Weston, fl

Congratulations...  I am 13 years out and 113 down and 40 up since my surgery in 2002.  Frustrated for sure but i also hate when people say....  I want to do it on my own and not take the "easy way" of surgery.  What a crock.  First of all.... It is me,  always doing it on my own.  2nd....  long term issues of osteoporosis, anemia  are not fun and certainly not easy.   I know the truth and that is....  This is life altering and even with the problems.... I would do it again....  

Most Active
Recent Topics