3 years out with fatigue

Halfgitana
on 7/24/15 6:43 pm - Orlando, FL

I am three yes out from a RNY and for the past six months I have been having moderate to severe fatigue.  I have had my nutritional levels done twice and they were all normal except for once (when I was very fatigued) my iron was slightly low...not even enough to concern my surgeon.  I am starting to read that a lot of people say they feel better when their levels are towards the higher end of normal.  I take barateia advantage vitamins.  

2 ultra multis

90 MG iron 

B12

B1

1200 MG calcium

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer

sor09
on 7/24/15 6:58 pm

Checking: Blood sugars, blood pressure, and hormone levels? I take Celebrate vitamins because I like the taste. I tried Bariatric Advantage, and they are good too but the others are like a candy treat to me. I do chewable vitamins since 2013.

Halfgitana
on 7/25/15 4:40 am - Orlando, FL

Blood pressure and blood sugar are fine.  TSH is good.  No nausea or diarrhea.  I have had a 170 pound weight loss.

sor09
on 8/13/15 1:59 pm, edited 8/13/15 1:59 pm

What about D3 value? didn't see that on your list of vitamins to take. At 2 yrs I was feeling tired and when I got my blood work, I hade low D3... 3 months later after 5000iu daily things were back where they are supposed to be.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/25/15 1:03 pm

At 3 years Post op  I was feeling like that. My doc run the tests and all very normal. But the normal were not enough for me. 

I.e my B12 was too low for me. I feel best when mutt B12 is higher than 800. 

Iron - specially ferritin - anything under 30 is too low for me. 

Proteins-low normal was notthat great. 

Add low D, and you get the picture. 

So what are your numbers? 

B12

D

Protein

Ferritin

B1? 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Bethprgirl
on 7/27/15 8:30 am

I was diagnosed with Iron Deficient anemia! Literally felt like the walking dead. Exhausted all of the time. Had iron infusion and much better. Get my blood monitored everything three months - but with this new doctor, it's been a year since my infusion (Ferate) and that is now under control...

Kitty_B
on 8/5/15 8:10 pm - Englewood, OH

Hi, Halfgitana,

I also had RNY but I am ten years out - haven't been around on these boards for a while.  There are so very many things that can contribute to fatigue that it's hard to say.  Are you getting enough sleep?  Are you getting enough protein?  Are you having summer allergies?  I also feel best when my iron levels are a little higher but can tend to let myself get a little dehydrated if I'm not careful.  That can lead to fatigue, headaches, lots of things, especially in the summertime.  I guess what I'm saying is, definitely don't ignore this but don't limit your assumptions to iron - we can have non-bypass issues, too.  

Take care,

Kitty

Most Active
Recent Topics