This should be interesting

jastypes
on 7/28/15 10:53 am - Croydon, PA

My daughter was just approved for gastric sleeve surgery.  I imagine she will get a date next month.  In order to give her as much support as possible, I have volunteered to follow the post-surgery course with her -- clear liquids, full liquids, pureed foods, soft foods, super small portions of real food.  I am 8 years out and often eat a lot more than I could right after surgery.  I'm actually looking forward to this kind of re-start, although I don't think I would have ever attempted it on my own. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

lynnc99
on 7/28/15 10:40 pm

Just one question - can you get enough nutritionally on clear liquids? I wish your daughter all the best. Will she be working w/ a Barix doctor?

jastypes
on 7/29/15 6:17 am - Croydon, PA

Dr. Marymor at Barix is her surgeon.  Not sure about the nutrition on clear liquids, but it's only for a really short time -- a couple of days if I remember correctly.  I'm not doing that crazy 10-day pre-surgery liquid diet though.  I didn't have to do that with Dr. Pupkova.  I did tell Amy I would do "liquid" dinners with her during that time, but that can include my yogurt, etc.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics