Anyone tried Herbalife????

FunBrain
on 8/10/15 10:13 pm

I am 5 1/2 yrs out & been struggling with 20 lb gain in the last year. I have a family member that swears by Herbalife.  I tried a few different flavors of the meal replacement shakes & they are Delicious!!! I've tried doing research on line & of course you get the good & the bad! Also, they contain soy protein vs whey...is that good for us??? Just curious if anyone has tried it & what kind of results you got with it????  

RCOK0011
on 8/10/15 10:25 pm - CA

I have IBS and do not own a gall bladder so my tummy is touchy to say the least. We have a Power Up Nutrition shop that sells a complete meal that consists of a shot of aloe, a tea and a protein shake and while I personally have not lost weight using herbalife (mostly because I only drink a shake a few times a week) but it does awesome with my tummy. I always feel good on days that I have one for lunch or breakfast!

Hugs and Smooches
Ramona

lynnc99
on 8/11/15 6:30 am

I'm right there with you - during year 5 I had to deal with reign (35 lbs for me). I'm now just over 6 years out and within a whisper of my goal weight!

Soy protein is ok for us as far as we know. 

I am NOT a fan of liquid diets or other crash diets. It's all your decision but here's my thinking:

Did we try diets like these before?

Did they work?

Did we maintain weight lost on crash diets?

Do others maintain weight lost on crash diets? (My dear friend sold Herbalife about 30 years ago - worked for a while but then....)

But the bigger questions IMHO are:

What have I learned since having my surgery?

Did those lessons "stick" or am I back where I was 7, 10, 15 years ago - looking for the quick fix?

Do I know what I should be eating?

Can I commit to being honest with myself and taking care of myself to get the 20 lbs off?

Now, I will tell you that losing my regained pounds has been a slow process. Very slow, compared to the initial post op weight loss. I've said here that it's like chiseling stone with your toothbrush. But the basics are the key - and your pouch will still work for you! You KNOW what to do. You don't need to ask us about the flavor-of-the-month diet that will cost you big bucks. (And yeah, we've done that before, too.) Here's what I did:

Consult with my dietitian

Water! (I'd even gotten away from that)

Vitamins! (Although I'm good with them, reinforce what you are doing WELL!)

Protein first - dense protein will be very satisfying and you won't be hungry

Veggies next - for fiber and complex carbs

A little fruit 

Cut out the simple carbs such as sugar, bread, etc. - and of course all the junk because that's where the problem really lies. 

Get moving! Even a little to get back in the groove.

Best of luck to you! 

Gwen M.
on 8/16/15 6:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm not sure why you'd want to go on a fad diet to lose the weight.  You probably tried those pre-op and know they don't work or last.  

Start tracking every single thing you put into your mouth with something like My Fitness Pal.  That should give you a good idea of what you need to change in your diet to get yourself back on track.  You can do it!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics