Long term...2005 anyone still hanging around??!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/15 4:10 pm

Hello group,

I am 10 years out from my surgery, I gained weight due to some poor choices, but decided to get back to work. If you are long term, struggle with weight gain, and are back on track...please talk to me. I just completed the 5 day pouch test and lost an incredible 12 pounds. I started at 207, and today am 195.

My surgery was April 5th at a start weight of 330 pounds. My lowest was 135. Maintainded 152 for many years and now Spang back to 207. 

Keep up all the hard work every one. I'm looking forward to getting back to goal.

Im not new here, I just lost my password to my old account. You might remember me as Rae a Coon. Look me up you will see my old profile. Oh I wish I could get back into that. Lots of good stuff.

thanks 

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/15 1:27 pm

Hello!

I also lost my username from years ago....that was many pounds (up and down) and an ex-husband ago!  I am 13 years post op of gastric bypass. I was 312 on the day of surgery and got down to 170. At 5'10" that was a great weight for me that I maintained (giving 5-10 lbs) for many years. 

Fast forward to change in career, divorce and re-married all with 3 kids in tow. Somehow I am now closer to my heaviest weight than my lightest and it's freaking me out!

I also started a wls support group in my area that I led for 7 years. I got to watch lots of people transform their lives and live their dreams. Met so many awesome, inspiring people.  

Now I am married to the man of my dreams, who loves me no matter what. Oldest kid is out of the house and 2 youngest in high school. I am lucky enough to have a successful career and work from home. Which has lead to a very sedentary lifestyle. Couple that with going through menopause and the weight has trickled back on.  

I need a swift kick in the butt and some inspiration to get me headed down the right road. I like your idea of the pouch test...gotta start somewhere!

Vicki

JA
on 8/17/15 7:05 am - East Haven, CT

Hi There,

I'm 11 years out and have had a few struggles along the way.  I gained back some weight about 5 years ago and got so scared.  I kept thinking 10 became 20 and 20 could be 30 etc.  So I went totally low carb.  Breakfast eggs, cheese, veggies, lunch protein, beef, chix, fish, more veggies and dinner the same as lunch.  For snacks I did a fat free 80 cal yogurt or some fruit.  I started drinking my water again and walking.  I took off 30 lbs and have maintained that.  I am at my lowest now, having lost 100+ lbs some days is 104 some days it's 100 lbs.  I weigh myself daily and do not allow myself to go above a certain number.  This is the HARDEST thing I've ever done, but so worth it.  WE ALL STRUGGLE with this, so please don't feel alone.  Good luck and reach out if you need some help along the way.

JA

Clemp
on 9/27/15 6:04 pm

Glad to see I'm not alone. I'm 10 years out. Have gained 35lbs since retirement in 08. I too lost/forgot password for old account. I will start the low carb and see how it works for me. Appreciate you sharing.

Nahealani
on 8/17/15 7:26 am - vancouver, WA

Hi I am Asia.  I am 6 years out and fell off the wagon and gained back a lot of weight.  My lowest was 125 however to me 140 is perfect.  I went all the way up to 198 2 months ago.  Today I am 176 and doing the 21 day fix by beachbody.  I lost 22 lbs in 2 months by eating clean with portions.  I am on my second round and this time I plan on doing the excercise religously. I wished they did surgery on our brains.

Aloha,

Asia

5'4": Surgery 240/Current 135/Goal 140 = 105 lbs lost!!!  BMI 22.5 I'm Normal  

6 Years Later highest 198 / Current 176 / Goal 140
Hit Goal on 5/14/09 8 months out! 
  Join us on the Lightweights Board!

lynnc99
on 8/19/15 7:20 am

Asia, good for you for getting back into control and clean eating! The 21 day fix really gets at what we KNOW how to do - pre planning, portion control, and good choices!

Hapagurlstayfit
on 8/20/15 12:03 pm

It sure does. So easy to follow. It takes me back years ago when we couldn't eat that much but get full

Bryytteyes
on 8/17/15 10:42 am - Visalia, CA

I had mine in 2000. Still feel good. So happy that I did this.

Eggface
on 8/21/15 4:02 am - Sunny Southern, CA

2006 Same name. Good for you for returning and your re-commitment to your health. Support and staying connected is so important IMHO. Best wishes!! 

P.S. Try not to look at goal weight... just make the best choices you can make each day... obesity is a chronic disease, no finish line, just healthy choices, rinse, lather, repeat ;)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Lisaann68
on 8/21/15 8:46 am

I have just recently been back here as well. I had my surgery in 2009. I have maintained my weight at 130 for all these years, even got to 125 for a year, but now I am up to 140. I refuse to let it creep back on, so here I am, back on the wagon! :)

Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics