RNY and arthritis pain relief and heart issues

giggle95376
on 9/18/15 5:46 pm - Las Vegas, NV

I am 11 years RNY post op and was told at time of the RNY that I should never take any other pain medication besides Tylenol. I also had a heart transplant in June of this year and now severe arthritis in my back and neck are becoming issues. Many NSAIDs are off limits because of my new heart, compromised immune system and the anti-rejection drugs. I know I am atypical but was hoping for any suggestions any of you might have. Of course, all medications will have to go through my transplant team, but I was hoping to provide them some ideas.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/21/15 12:29 pm

steroids or narcotic pain pills..  
I have issues with my back - I am lucky that my doc have no problem prescribing some norco pain pills.  Most of the time 1/2 narco + an extra tylenol works for me..  1 narco - makes me dizzy and nauseated.. so I only reserve that for night if needed. But I had days that i had to take that 3 -4 times a day... 

Hope you find what works for you. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics