Off the Wagon

lynnc99
on 9/21/15 8:08 am

My last two weeks have been real struggles with regard to my eating.

I know exactly what to do, and I know exactly where the problem lies in terms of the food that goes into my mouth.

But it's like the little devil on my shoulder has taken over every part of me.

My situation is kind of odd. I have been on an extended work asst. in California for 6 months. Living in an extended stay hotel (so yes, I can cook but have eaten out once a day for 6 months). It ends this week and I return to Florida - hooray! - but somehow all the stress of being away has emerged. I want sugar. Last night I ate a cookie and half a (nice) crab cake for dinner. I'm drinking diet pepsi instead of water (I give myself credit for "in addition to" water). I'm not exercising and this is a far more sedentary job than I'm used to. 

My weight has stayed pretty steady throughout the 6 month stay here - which I claim as a victory.

Until now - and the scale is up a whopping 5 lbs in a matter of - what? - a week? 

Anyway, just when you think you've got it under control...Today I am going to just consume a ton of water and protein, with a little grilled chicken thrown in. This is insane!

JA
on 9/24/15 3:03 am - East Haven, CT

Hang in there and don't give up on yourself.  Being away from home, even if on vacation, is so difficult for us. Eating out at all spikes my weight for some odd reason, no matter what I eat.  So, try to hang tough until you get home and make it your plant that you'll get back on track.  This is the most difficult journey ever, but we know how worth it is.  Good luck and safe trip home!

JA

karin602
on 10/4/15 12:21 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Sounds like you are on the right path back. It must be stressful to be away for such an extended time. Hope you get to stay put for awhile so you can really get back into the swing of things.

Karin

Most Active
Recent Topics