Dieting again....

wendyfinn29
on 11/3/15 6:50 am - Monroeville, Al

Okay quick post. I need some advice/help. Rnygb 8-2004. Start wt was 320. Lost down to 150, no problems at all. Started gaining back in 2012, have gain roughly 100#. Yesterday, i started the 5 day pouch test. Going good so far, but what i need to know is what amt of calories/protein/carbs should i try and get in daily after this pouch test. Has anyone gained and got back on track and lost?

JA
on 11/3/15 12:24 pm - East Haven, CT

Hi and welcome back! You can do this. A few years back I gained about 15 lbs - can't remember the exact number cuz it scared the poop out of me. I buckled down and did low carb, so protein, meat, fish, chix and grilled veggies, eggs for breakfast. You should get 65-85 grams of protein in each day. Calories I would say see a nutritionist for that. You will lose again. We had our surgery the same year. I had mine in July of 2004. Feel free to reach out if you need support.

Good luck!!!

JA

Alba
on 11/4/15 9:08 pm - Renton, WA

We all could use a little encouragement sometimes. I'm more than 20 in the past 3 months, due to some unusual cir****tances. One of these days real soon, I'm sure I'll buckle down and get to work on losing that again. .....

Alba Tross
         "Fake it til you make it."

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/5/15 5:21 am

For me to lose weight I need to eat low carbs (30-60 gr- depends on my daily avtivities), 70-100 gr of proteins daily, and the rest from fat. 800-1400 cal per day - averaging 1000 or less calories per day based on weekly numbers..  Some days I get more hungry - other days - I don't do I eat less... It keep my body " guessing".

Really measuring everything, because I have tendency to over or under estimate... 

I try to eat as "real" natural food - eggs, meat, fish, and non starchy veggies.  Grains really don't fit in my diet because I just like bread too much and it is easier for me not to have any. One bite of bread often ends up me eating the whole serving... Some items - trigger food - I can't do "one bite".  I learn what they are And I know that I need to avoid them. 

Processed foods - like protein bars - are really glorified candy bars - I have them if I want a candy bar... But I know they are really only slightly better choice than a candy bar... I only eat them when I travel - only only buy one at a time...(i.e. my last trip - I had 1 protein bar on each day I traveled to or from ) 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics