RNY @ 8+ years post op

wendy_fou
on 12/26/15 12:03 am - AR

I haven't posted on here in quite a while.  I just feel like updating, so here I am.

I had RNY in August 2007, so I'm a little over 8 years post-op.  When I had my surgery, I weighed approximately 255 pounds.  I now weigh approximately 125-130 pounds.  (I haven't weighed in a month or so, but my pants fit fine so I figure I still weigh what I did the last time I weighed.)  I went from a size 24/26 then to roughly a size 4 now.

The first few years, I followed the "rules" religiously.  I think that's what has contributed to my long term success.  (I also still refuse to consume sugar/sweets and/or carbonated beverages of any kind.) 

I no longer journal my food, but I still try to always eat protein first. 

In the last year I've started walking for an hour every day (before then I did no regular exercise what-so-ever).  I've fallen off the exercise wagon in the last month, but I'm going to start again soon because I just feel better overall when I'm doing it regularly.

As I already said, I still refuse to ingest any carbonated beverages of any kind and/or any sugar/sweets.  Why in the world would I "test the waters" with that garbage when those same tainted waters helped nearly kill me before (and are completely un-necessary for my well-being)?

I have had no complications and have no health problems to report.

I'm taking my vitamins daily (some more than once a day) and life is good.

I guess I'm just dropping by to say: YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU CAN DO IT FOREVER!

Good luck everyone and happy holidays!

Wen

Kenzington ..
on 12/30/15 7:25 pm - MN

Congratulations on your success!  You're my inspiration today!  

Most Active
Recent Topics