Has it been 6 yrs already? Wow what a ride

dolly O.
on 1/10/16 11:16 pm - league city, TX

Well that honeymoon phase got me, I was living and enjoying life, lost about 100lbs, got into a size 12 Jean, wearing shorts....STILL thought I was fat. Lowest I got was 172, highest 290. I have gained back 30#s and could kick myself in the rear for once again "telling myself I was fat" when I was actually a nice size. So now I'm telling myself I'm super fat, a loser and hate my body and myself. My surgeon prescribed me adipex and told me to eat raw like him and see him in a month...yea his other Rx is to become vegan, he's a quack and says that it happens in RNYs because the stoma stretches and there really isn't anything they can do to fix it. So at it on my own, just venting, wishing I could go back and tell my newly post op self to take it more seriously. So we shall see, the scale is in time out, she hasn't been very nice ...so eat healthy, exercise and do it without a tool, prayers please and any support would be awesome!

D

Don't put a question mark where God has put a period! 
Dolly Oliver

JA
on 1/12/16 12:13 pm - East Haven, CT

What is adipex?  Try going back to basics and removing sugar, bad carbs from your diet.  Count calories and eat protein and vegetables only and see if that can get you back on track.

Good luck.  You can do it!

JA

dolly O.
on 1/14/16 8:53 pm - league city, TX

Adipex is basically an amphetamine, appetite suppressant that I don't like taking..I'm back to basics, protein especially chicken fill my pouch quick and i can actually feel it working. Everything else slides right through lol

Dolly Oliver

TeashaLorna
on 1/14/16 5:43 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

You know you can do this. You did it once!! Hugs and prayers for strength and knowing 

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

dolly O.
on 1/14/16 8:54 pm - league city, TX

Thanks for your kind words, I'm on it, I see you have come far in your journey, keep up the good work!!!

Dolly Oliver

CathyWray
on 1/15/16 10:30 am - Madison, TN

Hi - I think your doctor is wrong.  Remember how we could shrink our old stomach?  Any organ will shrink or atrophy when used less.  I believe that if you drink, eat and exercise you can get back on track.  I would also suggest going to overeaters anonymous online or meetings or anything that keeps you accountable.  Start again.  It's just your journey and its still happening. I gained back 5 pounds and have been sure I have stretched my stomach.  All the voices are back and if it wasn't for the groups, I would be really worried.  I keep to dense food, because I feel it the most.  Meat and veggies, lettuce sandwiches and sugar free drinks.  I eat popcorn but plan it in the day so my calories are at around 900-1000 and I exercise even if its three days but I try for more. Remember, it is practice practice practice. Don't give up.

LisaDouglas
on 2/4/16 12:13 pm - In The Country , NY
Hi ~ Well, your doctor is full of $hi+!!!! My RNY surgery was 8 years ago. I've gained 35 lbs, which I am now trying to get rid of. So I've been looking around, reading about other people's experiences. I have found MANY people who have been successful in losing their regain ~ and some have lost significant amounts. You do still have your "tool" - you just have to re-train it. Check out Bariatric Eating's Back on Track Program. Read the successes of people who have worked it. That will give you encouragement. It's not going to be easy ~ but it can be done. It will take you right back to basics, including a couple of weeks on 2 protein shakes per week, followed by protein-based dinner.

Here's the link:
http://www.bariatriceating.com/2016/01/2016-back-track-aboard-leaving/

Also look at and "like" the Bariatric Eating Facebook page. It will show up on your FB feed everyday and give you a little boost of encouragement as well.

Go do this ~ and get yourself back to good health!!!
dolly O.
on 2/4/16 1:48 pm - league city, TX

Awesome! Thank you for the recommendation!

Dolly Oliver

Most Active
Recent Topics