3 1/2 years out and developed a stricture

AnniesSS
on 1/27/16 5:42 am
RNY on 09/11/12

So last weekend I ended up in the ER with severe abdominal pain that started at 7pm Saturday night.  By 3.30am, I was done and had to go to the ER cause it didn't subside.  7 hours later, I was in the operating room having a stricture repaired!  My intestine, where it attaches to my pouch, had spun and was infected and inflamed and full or food and water.  Another doctor from the group that did my original surgery came out and fixed me up and "tacked down" my intestine so it didn't spin again.

So I'm back to broth, soft cheese, yogurt and sips of water, just like after my initial Roux-en-Y in 2012.  However, I'm grateful that I was fixed up again so quickly and other then the soreness from surgery, the pain is gone :)

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

cmp067
on 2/4/16 2:05 pm
VSG on 03/23/12

So glad you are feeling better! Surprising to hear that could happen after all that time.

AnniesSS
on 2/4/16 5:13 pm
RNY on 09/11/12

Thanks so much - My doctor was surprised too!  That's why I posted here - to let others know that it is possible even after so long.  I have my follow-up tomorrow morning :)

PS:  After so many people *****ad my post, it's nice that someone took the time to reply. ;)

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

Most Active
Recent Topics