10 years already

Debra Welker
on 2/6/16 1:04 pm - Kaukauna, WI

Next month it will be 10 years since my RNY. Ive been through alot of ups and downs, meaning on the scale. I lost 110 pounds my first year, which I am very grateful for. In the last 5 years I have put on and taken off the same 20 pounds each year.  As of right now it is back on. I had a hip replacement last year, I did really good and am back to doing water arobics 4 -5 times a week. I have started and quit weigh****chers 4 times in the last 5 years and am currently a member once again. Needless to say its been a struggle to keep the weight off. I can eat just about everything and as much as before surgery which is not good, the only thing that still makes me sick are sweets. Any suggestions on getting and staying on track 10 years out? Thanks Debra

kitty764
on 2/6/16 6:21 pm

I'm in the same boat, almost 12 years out and struggling with those darn 20 pounds. Sugar and fatty foods still bother me, eating too fast too, but I can put away more than I'd like.

As of 1/1 (like a lot of people lol) I started to track on My Fitness Pal, I'm not perfect but it keeps me accountable and I portion my food and swapped to healthy foods. I've used Phentermine, which works but the side effects worry me. I also watch Leslie Sansone Walk at Home vids, nice workouts, but I don't think they would be good for you to do.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics