Struggling

JA
on 4/7/16 5:54 am - East Haven, CT

Hi All,

This July will mark my 12 year WLS anniversary..up until now I've been able to maintain.  Since the fall I've been creeping up.  I'm up 8 lbs and getting scared..just can't get back on track.  I know what I need to do, but just cannot get there.  I help my friend with his daughter who has special needs, so I spend a lot of time with her and not giving myself the time I need, but this is something I have to do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

JA

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/10/16 6:45 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Try cross posting on the rny forum, not too many people come here. There's a back on track forum that can help & give tips on losing the regain. Also check out the What are you eating threads, it can give you an idea of what people are eating to either lose/maintain their weight.

They just finished up an AMAW (all meat all week) challenge, take a peek at the thread & maybe join the next challenge.

Not much I can suggest either than going back to the basics of putting protein first etc, it sounds like the challenges you face is more of a mental one, which is tough, sometimes you just gotta make up your mind & just do it. Put up little sticky notes thru out the house reminding you of your goals. Write in a journal, take some time out for you & put your feelings out there. Seek therapy/support to deal with any emotional attachments you have to food.

Finally put you first, its ok to say no sometimes. I know you want to help your friend but don't let it come at the cost of your health. Good Luck to you. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

JA
on 4/11/16 7:00 am - East Haven, CT

Thanks so much for your response and support.  I appreciate it.  I won't give up.  Worked too hard to get here and not going back.

JA

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/18/16 4:42 am

When the stres****s and it is there to stay for a while - I make sure that I don't have trigger food in the house. Foods that I know I would eat if it is there. 

Instead, I make sure I have a lot of food that I can eat I.e meats and low carb veggies, some low sugar comfort food. 

I.e I know my next few weeks are going to be very challenging. So I baked 6 lbs of pork loin.  Made a chicken -veggies stew. And some beef stew.  I have eggs, for scrambled or HB. Add cucumbers, no-sugar added pickles, avocados, and salsa... Pork rinds for crunch. Some cold cuts - like low sugar ham, salami, etc. 

I also baked low carb  protein "muffins" and "cookies" (no flour or sugar- I used coconut flour, protein powder, and stevia) . I plan to make protein ice cream...

When the need for munchies come - I just reach into fridge or freezer and eat the good for me food. Not only that helps me with real or emotional hunger - but also keep my BS stable and nurish me, making the stress more managable. 

My indulgent food is nuts - but I make sure they are the low carb variety, and I keep them in a freezer, taking out only a portion at a time. 

For good "comfort food " recipe - look up eggface blog. Or any other low carb website like "against all grain". 

Eating good food - also limit cravings... 

Good luck. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

JA
on 4/19/16 8:37 am - East Haven, CT

Thanks so much for your thoughts and advice.  I appreciate your help.

JA

JB1114
on 5/7/16 6:09 pm - Grain Valley, MO

JA ~ Now is the time to get those 8 lbs. off before it becomes 10, 12, 20 or more.  It's too bad weight is so easy to come back to us.  Go back to basics.  Get rid of any junk food in your house.  Put Y-O-U first.  I'll be 8 years out in July and I have had some regain.  I got sloppy with snacking.  I am working at getting off those excess lbs.  I lost 1.8 lbs. this week.

Get yourself a little notebook and plan your meals plus track everything you eat.  There are a lot of programs out there to track for you. 

Good luck.  I agree with another responder to look at other boards here.  There is a lot of good information here.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

JA
on 5/16/16 8:12 am - East Haven, CT

Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics