Ten years out

imparfait
on 4/5/17 2:20 pm

Hey, I was a frequent visitor to these forums before I I started the process over ten years ago. I was 22 and lost 180 lb: was sitting comfy at 162 from 341 my highest. Had plastics done in 2013, breast lift and augmentation and abdominoplasty with tummy tuck.

It was great until 2015.

i had very severe depression and other mental illnesses that had me on dozens of different medications. A couple antipsychotics made me put on 140lb in two years.

Luckily, this past December, I got off the last med that was causing the weight gain and have effortlessly lost 30lb in three months. I feel fantastic. I was suicidal for a while, but now I love life.

I hope to celebrate my ten year surgiversary as close to 200lb as possible. I'm confident I'll do great!

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/6/17 3:52 pm

I posted that to Cathy...

Most of us need to least 3 things when losing re-gain.

• Motivation
  • Hard work
  • Patience

And knowledge how to do it. But that can be found on OH.

as you noticed - it may take along time to lose the regain. Most of time it is a slow process..

Patience. Every time you stall- just remember that. Ever time you think of giving up.. remember that...

good luck...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

LBoss1
on 5/1/17 11:15 am

Bless you and hang in there. I'm also 10 years out and trying to lose 20 lb regain. My gain is from a combination of surgeries, lack of exercise and overeating. I'm working on it. Down 4 lbs. in the last two weeks by tracking and staying accountable to myself for what I'm consuming. It keeps me honest. Hang in there!

RNY 8/22/2007 BW: 313 LW: 141 CW: 172

Most Active
Recent Topics