Thin is the new fat?

Beam me up Scottie
on 4/5/17 6:09 pm
So at 11 years out from surgery and I'm at my "goal weight" and I'm looking in the mirror and feel that I could lose another 10 lbs. Is this common?

I'm 6'1'' about 190-195 (depending on the day). When I reached this weight about 10 years ago, I was thrilled and was told to stop losing because I looked too skinny and sickly. But a decade later, I'm looking at myself and thinking- why did I stop? I looked back at pictures of myself from that time, and I didn't look too thin- I looked "normal" but not thin. I think being thin for 10 years has warped my perception?

I'm not sure I'm going to take action, I do not feel fat, and know (at least in my mind that I'm a normal weight)- I'm just wondering if this is a "normal" thing for a graduate?
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/6/17 4:02 pm

it is for me. I call that " a Mind F#@$"

On one side I know I am still 2-4 lbs below where I need to be. But on there is the "your BMI is only 24, so I CAN lose more weight".

Mentally I felt better 5 lbs heavier...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Beam me up Scottie
on 4/6/17 5:39 pm, edited 4/6/17 12:13 pm
I think being SMO most of my life, it's really hard to know (even at 11 years post op) what normal is. When I got below 200- that was a dream come true. I've lived the dream. I know I'm not "I can't fit through the door fat" anymore-yes I was at one point, but I'm now an average size. I agree....it's a mind "F&*K"). I see thin guys with beer bellies walking around in skin tight wife beaters...and I feel that I need to wear a moo moo to walk out of the house to hide any potential pugginess- and I know mentally that I'm not fat

NANNY13
on 6/16/17 2:22 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

I know! I feel so gigantic some days even if I am exactly the same weight I was the day before and felt great about. 1 or 2 lbs and I am freaked out. My grandkids will play games about it and tell me my shirt looks tight and I start freaking out and they all go into a fit of laughter because I think I am getting fat. LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics