I qualify too!

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/05 1:00 pm - Fort Myers, FL
This is exciting! But I am going to bed though as my eyes are starting to roll back in my head. Will be back tomorrow.
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/05 1:46 pm - Yakima, WA
N'night!
Tessy716
on 7/28/05 2:25 pm - King George, VA
WOW!! I can qualify also. Was a year 2 weeks ago. I hope this board takes off. I am sure there are many of us that can help each other here. I have been having a really hard time with eatin this past week......as in If its there and I see it....chances are I am going to eat it...grrrrr I do fine if I don't eat the 1st thing.....but it's all down hill once I put the 1st thing in my mouth. Today has been a good day.....I have got the eatin thingy under control......but I still have my eyes open so we will see how it goes haha Love ya all.......hope ya having a great nite ~~T 296/175/165
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/05 9:57 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Hi Teresa -I've been struggling too. I'm thinking we need to be working on our head stuff. Hmm--wish the lobotomy had come with the surgery. I met you in DC, I had to go look at your profile to recognize you. You've done a great job! Congrats. Hopefully, we will be able to work on this together. PS--I'm excited about this new board because when I try and tell new post ops this will happen--they often get nasty and say everything is working for them and I am just weak. Oh how I wish I was one of those people who just don't want to eat anymore.
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/05 8:15 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Shuffling through all my FAKE ID's to see which one will allow me to qualify and get in da' door. How about the bratty lookin' photo/pose? this one!! Tada!!! Surely that leaves me lookin' mature and graduate like? Hey girlfriend, thanks for the heads up on the new board. It'll be nice to see if we can breath some life into it. Hugs - ME
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/05 9:49 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Ya just look cute to me! I think I can see the heart beating.
ShirleyG
on 7/28/05 11:55 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Hi everyone ... I am a lurker but qualify ... Lord I even need to add a pic and update . I am 20 months out and have been at the same weight give or take 5 lbs for months . I would still like to loose 10 lbs and stay there as I cant seem to get below 150 . I wear an 8 but when I gain the 5 some of those are snug, thus want to lose 10 more lbs. I started exercising at 3 months out and have everyday since except on a rare occasion. The appetite is absolutely more than it was last year. I have found though that if I eat as the RULES tell me to do , protein and leave off the carbs and drink at least 64 oz of water , that I can lose the 5 lbs in a few days that seem to come and go . Does everyone have the 5 lb deal too ? I was a bit naive when I had my surgery . I didnt do much research on the aftermath and thought I could eat whatever and never gain ,,, Actually thought I would never really feel hungry again .WRONG....I do find that it takes less to fill me and if I water load and dont drink with my meals , I stay full alot longer . I was a lightweight , only needing to lose about 120 . Some call me a lightweight , but to me that was a heavy weight. Diabetes ,heart problems, high blood pressure run in my family and I no longer have those ... I talk my vitamins religiously as well and have so much energy now . People who knew me before barely recogonize me now .. WHAT A BLESSING Have a wonderful day . Shirl
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/05 12:51 am - Fort Myers, FL
Hi Shirl- Congrats on doing so well. I struggle too--only with 5-10 pounds. The lowest I got was 158--for about a second. I hung at 160 for quite a few months and suddenly went up to 167. Scared the poop out of me. The hunger is definitley back. I guess I knew what I was getting into because I had heard of many people regaining. I agree exactly with what you say--if I follow the rules-it works--the key is following the rules. I do eat protein almost always first. My down fall is snacking. I also believe exercise is KEY. Enjoy your day.
suparker67
on 7/29/05 3:50 am - Blount County, AL
Lynda...fascinating! I did exactly the same thing! The lowest I got was 152...from 277, not too shabby, but I wanted to lose 10 more, but within days I was back up to 160. Now I play with five pounds every months. I am happy at 160, I wear a size 8-10 or small/medium and I am comfortable. But I would still like to lose down to 145! And snacking is my weakness as well! Susan
ShirleyG
on 7/29/05 1:20 am - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Lynda, Exercise and water are the keys I do believe as well. It is nice if you have someone to exercise with . I belong to a fitness center but enjoy walking and riding a bike now . Wish I had a female friend to do that with as my sweety does but is nice for girl talk. All my female friends are LAZY , lol , sorry but true as I was long ago I guess. Now I want to exercise everyday . I see your in Fl , my old home place . Lived around Orlando most my life, or rather was home of residence as we were military for 23 years . Have a great day ... Shirl
Most Active
Recent Topics