Another 3-year grad (7/02) checking in!

John Rushton
on 7/29/05 9:06 am - Brookhaven, PA
Hi everyone! Sorry I am so late getting in here. I had an extremely busy day at work and didn't have time to surf ... For those who don't know me, I had an Open RNY at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) on 7/17/02. I've lost 223 pounds since my surgery (236 overall) to reside at 204 - 9 pounds below my goal of 213. Things are going good for me although I'm a bit under the weather the past couple of days. My wife Geri and I are going to a cruise to Alaska the last week of August and I'm headed out to Pittsburgh on business for a week two weeks after that. I was supposed to go to Chicago on business (an IBM training class) in mid-December, but that class got cancelled and I'll probably go to the next one in Atlanta at the end of January. I'd much rather go to Atlanta in January than Chicago in mid-December anyhow . Geri and I will be going to the Philly WLS Gathering in mid-September (see the link in my sig). This is a social gathering for about 60 people that is held annual in Philly - most of the people are from Spotlight Health from locally and around the country, but there are a few from HUP there as well. I was planning on going to the Philly OH Regional Event in mid-October - I was going to be speaking there as well, but that got cancelled. Dr. Ganz said that there will be another Philly event in 2006 and I asked her to keep Philly in mind for an East Coast National OH Convention. JR open RNY 07/17/02 (2 oz pouch, 75 cm bypassed) Dr. Raper, HUP 440/427/204/213 (BELOW GOAL!!!) Mastopexy 02/15/05, Dr. Scott Chapin http://www.geocities.com/jd_rushton/ http://www.geocities.com/philly_wls_gathering/ "Your past failures *will* always overtake you if you **stop** chasing after your future success!"
Elle Felts
on 7/29/05 9:33 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
WOOO HOOOOO WAY TO GO JOHN! GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING. ELLE
John Rushton
on 7/29/05 11:01 am - Brookhaven, PA
Elle, Thanks. I've been busy enough (and support on so many other forums other than OH) that many times I don't have enough time to do more than lurk most of the time and post only occasionally, mostly responding on issues such as B-12 and calcium, etc. Most of the time, the main MB is too busy for me to follow. I'm going to like this board as I like being able to focus on supporting fellow grads as all of those immediately post-op memories are dimming in my early senility JR
Elle Felts
on 7/29/05 1:35 pm - TUSCALOOSA, AL
JOHN, IT'S SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. YOU LOOK LIKE ROBIN WILLIAMS IN THIS PICTURE. I LOVE IT. I AM SO PROUD OF ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND THE SUPPORT YOU OFFER TO SO MANY. ELLE
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/05 10:40 am - Fort Myers, FL
Hi John! Good to see you here. Usually I only bump into you when we are posting about calcium citrate. LOL
John Rushton
on 7/29/05 11:04 am - Brookhaven, PA
Hi Lynda, Glad to see one of the fellow Twinlab afficionado's here I did buy a can of Upcal-D, but to tell you the truth, I really didn't like it and it sits at work with about a couple of weeks worth gone out of it. I was so happy when Twinlab worked through their production problems and it was available again. I usually buy about 6-8 bottles at a time from Vitacost.com. Either things have quieted down on the calcium front or I'm missing too many calcium posts. Maybe we should get Amy to start up a "Calcium forum" JR
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/05 12:27 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Love your sense of humor. I really enjoy the twinlabs myself--sometimes a little too much. I also liked the bariatric advantage cinnamon lozenges--but it is lots more expensive.
~ K D in WA
on 7/29/05 12:26 pm - Eastern, WA
Just wanted to wave at ya JR! ~KD in WA (My name in here)
Most Active
Recent Topics