Feeling out of control!!

ConnieB
on 7/31/05 12:27 pm - Burleson, TX
Hi everyone, I have been really stressed this last week. To give you a quick update here...my husband put in for a transfer which we thought he would never get. Well he was tagged for the transfer which he didn't have to take but this is something we truly considered doing. The transfer is to Arlington, TX. They gave us 48 hours (that was with an extension) to decide our lives. Well we took it and he has to report to work on Aug 15th. I have to stay behind here in MI to sell our house before I can go down there. Never been there either but will be visiting and house hunting. We lived in 2 different states when we got married for 4 months and now here we are again. It sure isn't easy, but I know we will survive (my heart goes out to all you women and men with loved ones in the service). Well in comes my problem!! I have been turning to, of all things....FOOD. I have gained 3 lbs this last week and a half. At times I feel as tho I am over eating. I feel like such a big blob right now. The fear of gaining more weight scares me to death. I have struggled with the boredom eating as I do not work outside of the home. I just need to get a handle on this. Thanks all for listening. Hugs, Connie
izdawnie
on 7/31/05 12:32 pm - Haynesville, Me
Connie, Pull out the crafts, knitting needles are great, you have to use two hands and no way to get food in your mouth, lol..... k1-p1- oh yeah you have to count too, so that makes eating even less intense...... lol...... My Dr. told me, that I would gain back 10% of the weight I lost.... so I kind of expect it.... and I would rather gain back 15 pounds then weight 300..... talk to your Dr, and see what they have to say, I bet they will say that 10% is the norm......
tammy 5xblessed
on 7/31/05 2:50 pm - Florence, AL
Hi Connie, I know what you mean about the stress and eating! I try to keep foods with protein in my house when I need a snack. I eat pepperonis, Wasa cracker with Powerbutter, or a sugar free popsicle. I found that when I eat carbs, I don't lose weight. I want to lose 32 more pounds. I wish you the best during this time in your life. You will make it! Keep the faith! Hugs and happiness, Tammy
Myrtle M.
on 8/1/05 1:07 am - Duluth, MN
Wow- you do have a lot on your plate and turning to food is something we don't get over just because we've had surgery. Try to find somthing else to do when you want to nibble on something. When my girlfriend quit smoking - everyt time she wanted a cigarette she went out and walked around the house. After a month she was smoke free and down 8 pounds. Find something else to do with your time when you would be munching, I know you're already keeping busy with the move, etc. but have good snacks on hand. Someone posted that they keep cut up veggies and dip in the frig - open - when they want a snack they just reach in and have something a little more nutritious than the junk we usually pick. Up the water and see if that doesn't help. Good luck on your move and house selling. Hang in there - you'll do fine.
WLS_Deb
on 8/1/05 2:03 am - East, Tx
Hey Connie... The Texas Messageboard is an awesome support group and TeresaD is from your new home area and a real supporter and loves having meets... I bet you will feel right at home with that real time support group. Its so nice to meet u girl. On the eating issues. You can do it. Dont let it get over 5-10 gain .. it took MONTHS for me to get rid of a 10lb gain I had done months ago. Now I dont let over 4lbs get up before I get serious. Was a revision and know the pitfalls. The first is to shrug and say I'll do it tomorrow..but tomorrow never came... You look awesome. I dont post like i use to on TexasMessageBoard but its filled with loving folks that will be tickled to welcome u aboard!!!! deb
MichelleTheAuditor
on 8/1/05 8:11 am - Upstate, NY
Hi COnstance, I feel for you because I am right there too. I fond myself boredom eating, even when I'm not bored. It's more like opportunity eating. And it comes mostly at night. So what I have been doing, whether it's good or not I don't know, I drink a ton of decaf coffee and I shove my face with as many SF Philly Swirl popsicles as possible. About 3/4 of the time this works until I go to bed or do something other than obssess on food. One quarter of the time I end up eating. But I'm trying, that's all I can do. Good luck and keep your spirits up. Michelle 8/3/04 294/150/150
Most Active
Recent Topics