Not A Successful Loser

Sandra B.
on 8/1/05 1:31 am - Bronx, NY
Hello Everyone: Well, let me start by saying, congratulations to all those who lost some weight and this comes from the bottom of my heart. Unfortunately, I didn't lose the weight that I was expecting and the weight that my doctor was expecting. I had my surgery on 6/22/04, started at 237 and only lost 50 pounds...........I'm currently at 187 pounds...............Down from a size 22/24 to a 14. I had no complications at all, my doctor had done multiple tests and examination to find out why the weight just stopped. I haven't lost any weight since my 4th month out. I was even hospitalized again to find out if there was something wrong.........Nothing at all, everything is working fine............ I just wanted to find out if there is anyone in my situation or maybe they know of someone who had similar situation. I only hear good stories but never hear the negative side.......Please let me know..........I don't even have a profile because I don't have a computer, I just recently discovered that I could use the one at work..... Thanking you in advanced I remain............. PS: I feel so embarrased and depressed............everyone who knows me can't believe that I couldn't lose the weight............My heart is broken.
Elle Felts
on 8/1/05 1:36 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
I am so sorry this happened to you. I have heard of this happening before. I don't know why it happens. I wish you the best and hope you can get on track. Elle
scoopstew
on 8/1/05 1:54 am - League City, TX
Sandra I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you've had such a difficult time. There has to be an explanation for this lack of weight loss. Keep searching. See another doctor maybe. You do not need to feel embarrased here. Feel proud of the 50 pounds and hold your chin up. How tall are you? You were relatively small to begin with. Take care of yourself and do the things you know are good for you and love yourself inside and out. Let us know how things are going. Melissa
Sarahlicious
on 8/1/05 2:06 am - Portsmouth, OH
Is most or all of your weight in your hips and legs?
qtpysuzieq
on 8/1/05 4:20 am - Vacaville, CA
Hey Sweetie, First let me say I am sorry that your heart is broken, but don't despair. You are just over a year out, and you have lost 50 pounds. And you are in a 14. I think that is great. I actually continued to loose 1 year out to now (I am at 18 months now). Don't give up. Your journey is not over, in fact it will never be over. Now a tip, one thing that my doctor has pushed from the beginning is exercise, he told me that the best way to get the weight to come off is cardiovascular exercise. You don't comment if you exercise or not, and by exercising I don't mean that you have to go out and join some expensive gym where you may feel out of place. Just walk, park a little farther away from wherever you are going, take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk every chance you get. I know you can do this, don't give up and don't despair. Best of luck to you! Hugs Susan -170
Most Active
Recent Topics