Hi All, I am here!

TheresaC
on 8/1/05 3:01 am - Me
I just found this board, not sure why I never knew it was here. Anway, I made it. I was 2 years out in July. This summer I have been staying at camp with the children and it has been wonderful but not wonderful for my eating. Even before I came to camp my eating was off, but since I was working out 3 to 5 times a week I was ok. At camp I do not work out and eat just about anything I want. Plus I drink on the weekends. I KNOW I have gained weight, so far it feels like it is just in my upper stomach, but I am scared to step on the scale. I go home for the day on Wed, first time since the end of June and I WILL step on the scale. Of course I will then most likely faint, hit my head on the shower, pass out and bleed to death. That would be one way to avoid gaining weight, but sort of extreme. From reading other posts I see that I am not the only one struggling. That sort of makes me feel better. If only I had the will power to get back on track!!!!! I have not even posted to my profile in ages. I use to enjoy it, but there has been so much that has happened since last October, I would not know where to start. Plus I hate putting down that I am failing. Well, that is my whine for the day. Sorry to come back with not a lot of positive things to say. I use to be such a positive person, I want to find HER again!!! Hugss and love to eveyone! Theresa
JoAnn
on 8/1/05 3:29 am - north of boston.., MA
hey you! so glad to see you..yea its a battle but what in life isnt..lol so glad you found us ! glad to see you hugs JoAnn
WLS_Deb
on 8/1/05 3:30 am - East, Tx
hey girl... good to see u *hugs* been there done that on the struggling thing. When I had regained some pounds I felt as if I was MO again... hated that and know its a mental thing. Don't let go girl... we have gone too far to go backwards for too long. Love you to bits and think your a great success. Get back on the protein wagon. I swear when I do protein drinks it helps sooo much more. I know many dont believe in the drinks but to me they make me feel full and for some reason I see weight loss when I do them regular... *hugs* love ya deb
JoAnn
on 8/1/05 4:18 am - north of boston.., MA
hi debby
WLS_Deb
on 8/1/05 5:44 am - East, Tx
Hey JoAnn ****hugs**** good to see you here. I like this messageboard. WLS Grads.. definately still need support dont we ... just different from newbies... great to see u girlie.. no matter where on the messageboards*winks* deb
charlenecarlile
on 8/1/05 3:49 am - Mansfield, TX
Well, hello, Theresa! It's been a long time! It is so good to see you again. I have had a couple of days where I felt my eating was a little out of control. It hasn't shown on the scale yet or in my clothes, but I like to stay proactive. I will share my little secret with you. When I feel myself reverting back to old patterns, I pull out my profile and re-read every word I wrote on my journey. I relive my long, hard battle with the insurance company and the disgust I felt with myself and my body. Then I go to Kroger's meat department and ask for a pound of their Boars Head Roast Beef cut into just two slices. I julien some of the beef and nibble on it with a little creamed horseradish on the side. I fill up so quickly and the protein sustains me through any and all cravings. The best part is that I usually drop a pound or two over the next couple of days and that strengthens my resolve even further. We all know that this surgery was not the entire answer and most certainly wasn't the easy way out. It was a tool, and happily the tool keeps working if we use it. The secret is to stay on top of it. We on this particular board have come so far, but the bloom is off the rose and we are facing the challenging part. Any tips we can share with each other are golden. We can do it though if we just stick to the desire that brought us this far! It has been said before, but bears repeating, "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!" Love ya! XOXO Charlene
danabky
on 8/1/05 6:35 am - NC
OMG you look GREAT! I didn't even recognize you!!!!!!!! Hugs, Dana (former Texan)
Elle Felts
on 8/1/05 7:50 am - TUSCALOOSA, AL
HEY THERE GORGEOUS! SO, ARE YOU GOING TO MOVE BACK TO TEXAS? OR STAY IN KENTUCKY??? ELLE
charlenecarlile
on 8/1/05 9:03 am - Mansfield, TX
Thank you my friend! Go**** is good to see you; I think of you so often. I would love to visit with you. When are you coming to Texas for a visit? You can stay in my guest room! Drop me an email, maybe we can set up a good time to visit! I've missed you! XOXO Charlene
~~Stacie~~
on 8/1/05 12:41 pm - the bottom of a long ass state, CA
Dana!!! Sweetie- so nice to see you here!! I have missed you-heck, I have missed alot of the folks I see here...
Most Active
Recent Topics