Have a Question

cathy M.
on 8/1/05 8:55 am - hiram, GA
Okay, so I'll be 3 years out in October....No weight gain, no problems, still taking my vitamins and B-12 daily, go to my doctor for yearly blood work...Here is the question, I haven't seen my surgeon in about a year and a half. Since the last time I saw him, he left the office and I moved out of the state. Do we need to see a bariatric surgeon? After a few years are there any special tests that we need? I have my regular doc, who is in Internal Medicine, but I rarely see her (no need to go) and when I do, she kinda seems like she just doesn't know what to do with me, not for her lack of trying, but I think that she doesn't deal with alot of RNY post ops...Any help/advice would be much appreciated! Cathy
WLS_Deb
on 8/1/05 9:21 am - East, Tx
hey girl... congratulations on your success. far as I know there is check ups yearly after WLS for at least 5yrs or more. but dont just take my word for it. I think mostly the check up is bloodwork .... and to get accurate list I would call a local WLS Doc in your area. HECK I would probably call a couple.. now days you can't find any doctors that say the same thing.. one will say drink protein drinks.. another says no... one says diet colas are ok .. another says no ..lol :shurg: but I do think from what I know we should keep up with annual blood work... either with regular pcp or wls doc... deb
Most Active
Recent Topics