Embarassing Question - HELP!!!

JudithC
on 9/3/05 9:37 am - Southern, NH
This is soooo embarassing. I am high school teacher and last year, I had the worst time with intestinal gas - uncontrollable and disgusting. Nothing like a a classroom full of teenagers to make you want to die! Anyway, I noticed that during the summer, I didn't have nearly the same problem despite the fact that I eat the exact same breakfast every morning - a yougurt and a 1/2 cup of fruit. For midmorning snack, I have a protein bar. Lunch is almost always a WW or Lean Cuisuine meal. The only difference I can figure is that in the summer, I get up about an hour later (6:30) and drink decaf coffee. When my husband left for work at 7:30, I would eat breakfast. That's a two hour difference but I can't believe a couple of hours would make a difference...would it? During school, I eat at 6:00 and drink my first cup of decaf around 8:00. I keep wondering if it's the coffee somehow. I used to eat shredded wheat and milk pre-op but discovered that the combination post-op gave me gas to kill small animals. I couldn't even stand to be in the same room with me! I have tried Gas-X, Tums, and Bean-O to no avail. Have also tried changing what I eat to eggs. Nothing seems to make it better. Please help!!!! Judi C
gisellena
on 9/3/05 10:18 am - Partly Cloudy, FL
Here's a dumb question...do you drink SF koolaid? Whenever I drink it I get horrible gas. I usually don't have a problem unless I drink it then it's bad for days. Just a thought............... G
JudithC
on 9/4/05 4:00 am - Southern, NH
I drink Crystal Light but I never seem to have a problem with that. I positively can not eat anything with malitol - it starts with gas and quickly moves to . Amazing what our bodies will no longer accept! Thanks for the thought! Judi
Kim S.
on 9/5/05 9:07 am - Columbus, IN
I've seen this guy before where did he come from? Yahoo? Kim
Myrtle M.
on 9/3/05 12:46 pm - Duluth, MN
Try Devrom - they sell it in the obesity help store and it is supposed to work wonders for those that suffer from gas and odor. It's an internal deodorant and a small pill you take - those in my support group swear by it and think it's the best thing ever invented. Try some - you can also do an internet search to find it elsewhere.
JudithC
on 9/4/05 4:04 am - Southern, NH
Thank you for the suggestion! I just order some - I am desperate and this stuff looks like it has promise! Thank you! Judi
Missy H.
on 9/5/05 6:25 am - Los Angeles, CA
I am not sure why there is gas one day with one thing, and not the next with the same thing. I down the DEVRON like candy and even though I cannot get rid of the gas most of the time, it is no longer offensive so no one is aware of it. Any other suggestions, please help. This seems to happen when I go out shopping. or when I am taking with people. MAKES ME CRAZY! Missy
Amanda-DS
on 9/3/05 11:09 pm
Judi C timing can be everything also it may just be the milk products, raw milk is worse than yogurt but yogurt is still milk and can cause problems with lactose intolerance......for me that translate to painful cramping and the farts from hell. so I only eat my yogurt at about 10pm, even then the gas has woken both my husband and I out of a dead sleep. I finally had to switch to soy-yogurt to deal with it. I am also going to give you a link to a product I have not personally tried yet----but if I worked I am sure I would use. Scientifically it makes so much sense, activated charcoal is a terrific odor absorber (we used it in different forms in the hospital settings) http://www.flat-d.com/ Might be a discrete way to go!! gratitude is my attitude Amanda S VG-DS October 2001 highest >350/342 start of wls journey/154@goal and after ps
JudithC
on 9/4/05 4:08 am - Southern, NH
When I first went to the web site, I almost giggled. It sounds so silly but then I started thinking about it and it makes sense. I never thought of all those other poor souls for whom this is a problem (Crohn's disease, colitis, etc...). I ordered one of these too. I am desperate to deal with this embarassment. Can't thank you enough for your help!!! Yours and Myrtle's are two great suggestions - hope they send them FAST!!! Judi
Kim S.
on 9/5/05 9:11 am - Columbus, IN
I just ordered some last night , I'm with you!!! I tried the Innermints. did not help, so I hope this works. Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics