Recent Posts

mst42
on 10/17/20 5:29 am - Ithaca, NY
Topic: 10 years Post Op

Joining back up with OH to get on track.

Jennifer K.
on 9/10/20 8:56 am - Phoenix , AZ
Topic: Low Iron at 14 years out

Hi All,

I wanted to see if anybody had issues with low iron later in their weight loss journey? My annual blood work has always been spot on until last year and this year I came back with severely low iron. I have taken BA Multi w/iron for 14 years now. Last year the Dr had me add additional iron for a few months and everything returned to normal. I am again adding additional iron and will get a recheck in 2 months. I am wondering at this point if I will have to continue to take additional iron to keep my levels up? Or if I need to look at a different iron supplement instead? There is nothing medically indicating why my iron is dropping so low currently.

Thanks

Jennifer

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Anita Jo
on 5/29/20 10:07 am - Elmira, NY
Topic: RE: I Have Fallen Off the Wagon, Drug it Threw the Mud, and Set The Wagon on Fire and Watched it Burn

hi fitchickinonederland,

i am here for you.... i habe it rough too.. it sure is hard.. i do keto off and on...it will be 17 years this august that i had my RNY. we can be friends. Anita

SuMari
on 5/8/20 10:54 am
Topic: RE: 20 Years Post Op This Month!

Thank you for sharing! Your words of encouragement are inspiring! Real-life experiences!

SuMari
on 5/7/20 3:44 pm
Topic: RE: 13 years and counting

Thank you for sharing your experiences! I hope to be able to post something similar after I have my surgery!

Dee_Caprini
on 5/7/20 3:26 pm

Congratulations, Jennifer!!! Using the tool is such a important key and happy you have kept up with STILL keeping in touch with your surgeon!

LuisM
on 5/6/20 7:37 pm

Wow, that's amazing Jennifer! Thanks for sharing your experience. I have heard about some of the potential struggles along the way and it sounds like you've hit them head on and have seen really good progress. You're right to lean towards a healthier diet, I believe it can help a lot! Also exercise should be a must for everybody no matter if they have had surgery or not. Great job! -Luis www.tilecontractorswinnipeg.com www.dumpsterrentalwinnipeg.com

lisamspinale
on 5/5/20 2:37 pm
Topic: 20 Years Post Op This Month!

Hello! I was a member on here a looong time ago, when I had my surgery. This year, on May 19, I am 20 years post op. I have lost and kept off about 125#. Yes, I've gained some back. I had a Roux-En-Y. The main takeaway, for me, was that I have not developed heart problems or diabetes due to my weight, as has EVERYONE in my immediate family (who are all still morbidly obese). I have lost both of my parents. I am 55 years old, now, and pretty darn healthy except for depression and anxiety issues (which I always had, anyway). I've not delved into the world of bariatrics for quite a long time, but I'm curious to know if there's any out there that might be appropriate for me at this point in time. I'd do it again! I am at 200#, and nothing I do seems to help me lose weight any more. Recently, I've felt like maybe things are growing together down there, because I can eat very little. Anyway... glad to be back on the site. Hope you all are well! Stay safe out there in this crazy world. ~ Lisa Spinale, Mesa, Arizona

Chris889
on 5/1/20 1:14 pm

Glad to know that you are doing well! Hope for your continuous recovery!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHa36QG0HU4

ctrsummer
on 4/25/20 1:27 am
Topic: RE: Charlie Horse feeling in the stomach

I have the exact thing happen nearly every day to me. Huge Charlie Horse cramps in my stomach area. I had my gallbladder removed over 15 years ago, had gastric sleeve in 2012, then a tummy tuck in 2017. My plastic surgeon did mention to me during the tummy tuck he noticed I was not lined up properly so he had to make me even, said my belly button wasn't aligned with my center of my pelvis. He wouldn't go into much detail. Always remember that comment by him. I have seen my regular family doctor who said she would like me to go on muscle relaxers before she sent me out for CT and all that other stuff. I haven't taken the muscle relaxer much. I did at first and noticed a bit of improvement but don't care for it much. So stop taking now. I need answers. Please the pain is one Charlie horse after another over and over in. Y stomach to the left side right near my bellybutton. Can't even move when this happens. I can only apply pressure with my fist, after it happens I have to not make any movement with my arms, like pick anything up or bam!!!starts again. Dealt with this for 4 years now. I get it when I bend over to pull my pants up when using restroom or move or reach in a way bending over. It's so weird. I have gotten good at breathing my way through the Charlie horses. Any answers please.

Most Active
Recent Topics