BillieC’s Posts

BillieC
on 1/8/18 8:06 am
Topic: RE: Postprandial or Reactive Hypoglycemia?

Hi All,

9 1/2 years post RNY, I am having very severe episodes of reactive hypoglycemia. Every bite I eat puts my blood sugar into a spiral. I feel terrible all the time! Anyone else suffer with this?

WARNING:  I am almost always trying (and not always succeeding) to be funny.  Don't take it the wrong way, please!

BillieC
on 8/7/11 2:44 am
Topic: RE: 3 years post RNY...have gained a few pounds
I need to get back on track.  I have some pretty severe dumping syndrome so I don't eat wrong very much but I have been drinking soda and a lot of alcohol this summer.  It's hard to go back to water but I know I have to!   I'm a teacher and it's back to work after summer break for me tomorrow so I'm going to try to visit here and hope I can find some others here who will help me stay motivated.  I'm going through a divorce so I don't wanna be fat again!!!

WARNING:  I am almost always trying (and not always succeeding) to be funny.  Don't take it the wrong way, please!

BillieC
on 7/11/08 10:32 am
Topic: RE: Question from someone about to have RNY gastric bypass...

I was ok (except for dying from caffeine withdrawal) and ready for surgery (scheduled for Monday 7/14****il today when my surgeon's office called to move me up to earlier in the day.  I asked what happened to the woman who was before me (because I had a class with her and had messaged with her on here) and they said she cancelled. For some reason, it got me worried.  I'm on a pre-op clear liquid diet and I'm miserable.  Will I ever again be able to have a piece of my child's birthday cake?  Will I be able to enjoy cook outs with my family?  Will I, from now on, look at other people eating and feel deprived and jealous?  I don't want to be in the position of going to my mother-in-law's house for Sunday dinner and not being able to eat any of the WONDERFUL southern food she cooks. Is it worth it?  My mom says no and wants me to cancel.  I need some reassurance that life "after" isn't full of feelings of deprivation and longing. Thanks in advance for any answers you have.

Most Active
Recent Topics