oceanwoodsangel’s Posts

oceanwoodsangel
on 1/12/18 5:03 am
Topic: RE: ***REGAIN ***Veterans, question?? What has worked for you with regain and losing it??

Is this the keto diet?

how do you get in needed protein? Do you do protein drink?

blessings, Tami Lynn

oceanwoodsangel
on 1/12/18 4:58 am
Topic: RE: Keto diet

what are your thoughts about this diet to help maintain weight loss after rny?

I have to eat frequent meals. Can this work for us? Anyone tried it and adapted it fir rny graduates?

blessings, Tami Lynn

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/23/13 8:54 am
Topic: RE: 8 years 3 months and HELP!
Each day is a step at a time. I too lost my 17 yr old 4 years ago. I know what ou are going thru and its painful.you are showing tremendous strength right now. You already know what to do, and are doing it. I am proud of you and glad to cheer you on. You will see results and you will get weight down. Kudos to you. I'll be glad to cheer you on!! Tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/23/13 8:47 am
Topic: RE: 8 Year Anniversary
Congrats!, I've been 8 years too and would make the same choice again!!!
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/21/13 7:55 am
Topic: RE: anybody 5yrs+ out? do you still eat the same as the beginning?

I still have 2 and sometimes 3 protein drinks a day.  I have remained consistent with vitamins, I watch my labs and take vitamins 3 times a day.  I rarely drink alcohol, but have a glass of wine here and there.  I don't drink with meals.  I eat frequent small meals, and keep the protein, vegetable and fruit rule.  I stay sugar free, but can have some sugar.  But I still dump,  so I watch it.  I like my dark chocolate and have some everyday.  I figure it into my calories and keep it low.  I have found my taste is different now, so foods I once enjoyed I don't like now. I also watch my portions carefully.

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/21/13 7:51 am
Topic: RE: Weigh in

Thanks.  I do that too.  Guess its just what my body is doing right now, with menopause and everything.  I know I'm doing the right things. I'm determined to keep doing what is right.  Cant get to your profile, would like to catch up.  I know you had lots going on.  Me too, but good. 

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/20/13 8:35 am

Good job!! I think that recording what I eat has been good, even th ough my weight loss hasn't been what I wanted.  I do feel more in control  and that's victory for me.  Keep up the good work!!

blessings, Tamilynn

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/20/13 8:33 am

How did you manage to keep in the low 120's? Even with doing kung fu 4 times a week, I couldn't get below 137 after my initial loss.

tamilynn

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/19/13 8:51 am
Stayed the same. Guess that's good. Would have liked to lose but hey, better than gaining. I am still doing myfitnesspal to log in meals and keeping my calories where they need to be. Am keeping protein up and carbs down.
How did you do this week?
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/11/13 7:21 pm
Down two pounds. 146 today. Keeping up myfitnesspal and keeping calories up. At first I lost then the next two weeks I gained and noe I started losing. I am wailing 3 times a week and keeping my pouch rules. How are you doing this week?
Blessings tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/10/13 8:13 am
Topic: RE: body fat calculator and check in
I am proud of you April. You are making wise choices. It's hard to fight the temptation of food. For me it's when I'm upset or bored. We have to find the triggers and work past them. I am excited about the reboot program!! Woo hoo. You're in a good place. Keep up the good work. I'm excited to weigh in Tuesday. Hoping the downward trend shoes up for mr too.
Blessings tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/10/13 12:24 am
Topic: RE: DO. NOT. USE. ASPARTAME. please read this...

thanks for your information!  Tamilynn

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/10/13 12:22 am

found another need link on myfitnesspal where  there is a spreadsheet you can put together to help monitor your intake and calores.  Its all set up so all you have to do is plug in your numbers.  I thought it was interesting and thought I'd share it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/717858-spreadsheet-bmr-tdee-and-deficit-calcs-macros-hrm

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/9/13 5:35 am
Topic: RE: CHECKING IN: Information for those who have had weight gain post
What were some of the things you learned from attending those meetings?
Tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/6/13 7:44 pm
By reading the links on myfitnesspal pal I am starting to understand the tdee (total cals we need to eat at to maintain or be under to lose). I'm slap learning about BMW ( cals my body needs to survive) and ways to check my body fat without a caliper. I am in third week of increasing calories and daily watching my intake. Today's scale reading saw the scale start the downward turn, but my official weigh in is next Tuesday. It is hard to eat the calories, but I have not been hungry and have not been tempted to over indulge on my dark chocolate weakness!
Blessings tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/6/13 7:40 pm
Topic: RE: feeling alone weight gain 7yr postop
There is a group of us checking in 3 times a week here, join us. Read my posts on information on weight gain. Join us,and remember you are not a failure. We just all need each other!!
Blessings tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/6/13 7:34 pm
Topic: RE: Serious Complication 9 Years PO
Thanks Anita! I kept pounding on docs door and they referred me to a surgeon anyway. Should be seeing him next week. I think there is light at the end of this tunnel. Woo hoo ill keep you posted. Blessings,tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/6/13 7:31 pm, edited 2/7/13 3:34 am
Welcome April. Hugs. I'm proud of you for being here! I think we all have the same addiction, hence weight loss surgery. We also all realized we need each others support. Kudos to you. Like you it was hard for me to post my weight and admit failure, but at the same time it was good. We really do need each other. God is faithful too, we just need to keep hanging on to His hand!! By the way I am in 3 week of increasing my calorie intake and I am starting to see the scale move the other direction. Am eating better and feeling more in control too.
Blessings, tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/5/13 10:29 am

Hi, went to my fitness pal and found  another good article on weight loss:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

I am keeping up with myfitness pal and that is a good thing.  i wish I could get the weight down and it frustrates me.  But I am accountable and feel so encouraged by you all

tamilynn

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/5/13 10:18 am
I think there are at least 5it checking in here. Ill support you gladly. Im here for support too and we all fight the same food monster!! I am glad you joined.us!!"" Tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/5/13 10:16 am
Good for you. Im having hard time getting food in and im gaining. Boo. But I feel better in control
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/3/13 7:31 pm
Thanks Stephanie!! My frustration this week is staying within my calorie goal and gaining. I know that I am To expect it while my body adjusts but it's driving me crazy! I know I'm making good choices, sigh. I am here to cheer you on too!!!!
Blessings, tamilynn
oceanwoodsangel
on 2/3/13 8:37 am

welcome.....we are in this together.  Its a battle, but its sure good to have friends to encourage you along!!

blessings, Tamilynn

oceanwoodsangel
on 2/1/13 5:33 am
Topic: RE: Serious Complication 9 Years PO
Ct scan is normal. I am concerned that I'm gonna end up in the er like you Anita.
Tamilynn
Most Active
Recent Topics