Dizziness anyone?

(deactivated member)
on 3/12/07 2:06 pm - Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey everyone! Well, I just thought I would drop by with a question. I am 9 weeks post-op and the past week I was really sick with a sinus infection. I was on antibiotics and I'm finally feeling much better. There is one thing that worries me a little bit though. I have noticed....especially in the mornings and when I get up or lay down...I start to get lightheaded and have to grab something to almost keep me from falling over. I've only been off my antibiotics for 3 days, so I figured I would give it another day or two before calling the doc. I was just wondering if anyone had any answers for me. I've been getting a lot of people telling me it might be my sugar levels or my iron. I am taking an iron pill at night with vitamin c. I've been steadily loosing about a pound a day though :) I'm down 47 pounds and feel like a million bucks already. Anyone out there have a similar experience or have a lot of dizzy spells? I don't faint or pass out or anything, it's almost like my equalibrium is just all messed up. I was working out with my trainer today and I rolled off the ball after doing crunches and wam! It hit me like a ton of bricks and I had to grab a hold of the bench to keep from loosing my balance. Ok well I hope someone out there has some kind of advice for me. Thanks so much Kerri 
HolliBeth1
on 3/13/07 2:59 am - Millbrook, AL
I am headed to the doctor now for the same thing! What is it?? When I stand up, I feel like I am going to pass out for just a second and then it goes away. I feel dizzy in the morning as well. Let me know what you find out and I will let you know what I find out~ Holli

Highest~ 267/ Surgery~ 253/Current~133/ GOAL 130
August 31, 2006 ~ Gastric Bypass~December 19, 2008 ~Tuck with muscle repair~December 16, 2009 ~ Tummy Tuck revision (loosened skin as a result of stretch marks), Mons reduction, Mini Inner Thigh Lift, BL/BA to Full C from AA :)~December 18, 2013 ~ Butt Lift and brachioplasty~Completed by Dr. Wang-Ashraf at Artisan Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia.
"No day, but today", RENT...Johnathan Larson

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/07 10:13 am - Myrtle Beach, SC
Well, I called the doc and left a message. No one returned my call today, but I explained it to the operator and she got me the nurse in the office. She said it may be several things and the doctor is going to want to talk to me, but no one called so....it's a waiting game. If you find anything out on your end please let me know! Best  wishes Kerri
carebearbrite
on 3/13/07 6:10 am - MI
I have the same thing. I was thinking it was lack of food.LOL Well not eating as much as usual. But whenever I get up I have dizzy spells. Sometimes I actually fall down. I wonder what's going on too. So I don't have advice...but I just wanted you to know you weren't the only one.
               CAREBEARBRITE
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/07 10:15 am - Myrtle Beach, SC

Thanks so much! As soon as I know something I'll be sure to let everyone know! Everyone here is the best I swear it! :)

Jessica H.
on 3/13/07 7:08 am - Johnson City, TN
I went through the same thing.  Now at almost 7 months post-op, it's finally going away.  At first, my dizziness and fainting were due to dehydration and anemia.  Those problems were resolved, but the dizziness persisted.  Usually it was because I needed more water.  My doctor explained to me that a lot of post ops go through this....most, in fact.  She told me it could be from several things....one being that I was losing weight so quickly and my blood pressure wasn't quite up to speed with it.....Now that my weight loss has slowed down, my blood pressure has stablized more, thus no dizziness.  She also said it could be that I need to push more fluids or protien...She suggested that I not forget to eat (which in those early months, I often did), drink plenty of water, and to take it very slow when changing postions, i.e., sitting to standing, laying to sitting then standing, etc.  Hope this is all it is with you....and just realize that in time, it will pass.  Good luck!

330/294/161/170

highest/surgery/current/GOAL!  *Below Goal!*

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/07 10:23 am - Myrtle Beach, SC
It may have something to do with my blood pressure, but the weird thing is I quit smoking way before surgery, quit drinking pop over 5 months ago, and I've lost nearly 50 pounds and I still can't seem to get my blood pressure to stick in the normal range. When I first came home from the hospital they were concerned about it. I am normally around 127-130 over 85-90. I was considered pre-hypertension and my PCP never put me on anything for it. The 2nd week home post-op my home health nurse said it was like 150/110 and they were concerned. I saw my PCP the following day and it was 120/70. My pulse was a little racy at my last appt. with my surgeon, but it's since come WAY down too...the other day it was 74 and norm for me used to be 94-100. It's scary how things are changing so quickly. Maybe you're right tho...maybe it's a combo of all that fun stuff. Thanks so much for the advice. I'll be sure to update you when they figure something out! Kerri
Jennifer K.
on 3/13/07 8:14 am - Phoenix , AZ
Dizzyness can be a sign of dehydration... make sure you are getting in enough fluids. You may want to try and make your own "sports drink" by mixing something like crystal lite and "no-salt salt"... it has potassium in it so that will help as well :) Did your Dr tell you to take an iron pill?? Mine wants his patients to take multi-vitamins with iron and no additional iron unless he says so. Also you may want to take your vitamin C with your multi-vitamin...it will help you absorb the multi better :) If you keep experiencing definately give the Dr a call!

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/07 10:20 am - Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey there! Well, I am on quite a few supplements per docs orders. He has me on B12, multi, nexium and Biotin in the morning, 3 calcium chews through out the day and at night they instructed me to take vitamin c with my iron. I take them all religiously too. My multi is centrum chewables and I think it has a small amount of iron in it already as well.   As for hydration...I usually do really well in that department. I drink Gatorade quite a bit throughout the day...and I drink tons of water normally...some days it seems like a chore. I don't drink any caffeine or anything other than those two beverages and my decaf green tea during the day sometimes. I think I might have to work on the whole eating thing a little bit. I eat like I'm supposed to and get my protein in but since I was sick last week and just didn't feel up to eating I supplemented protein shakes. I don't know if maybe I just need to get back into the swing of things. Thanks for all the ideas and I'll be sure to let you know what's going on as soon as I find out. Thanks so much! Kerri 
HolliBeth1
on 3/14/07 1:22 am - Millbrook, AL
Well, I am dehydrated! My blood work was fine, no low iron here. I just have to drink more. I think the working out and not increasing my liquids was the trigger to all the dizzy feelings. Holli

Highest~ 267/ Surgery~ 253/Current~133/ GOAL 130
August 31, 2006 ~ Gastric Bypass~December 19, 2008 ~Tuck with muscle repair~December 16, 2009 ~ Tummy Tuck revision (loosened skin as a result of stretch marks), Mons reduction, Mini Inner Thigh Lift, BL/BA to Full C from AA :)~December 18, 2013 ~ Butt Lift and brachioplasty~Completed by Dr. Wang-Ashraf at Artisan Plastic Surgery in Atlanta, Georgia.
"No day, but today", RENT...Johnathan Larson

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 444 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2162 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4082 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6643 views