pre or post op in Louisiana?

anti
on 12/10/12 9:05 am - Lafeyette, LA

i'm from Lafayette, the support group here is rather depressing to be honest.

I don't know anyone in person who has had wls and the ones who hasn't had probably aren't interested lol.

aphephobicfriend
on 12/11/12 2:04 am - Ocala, FL

yeah the bayouland doesn't seem to be too into WLS yet. I'm from lafayette too, though I haven't lived there in a long time. I just had plastics in new orleans, and I'm stuck here recouping for a few weeks. what surgery did you have done? and what kinda people support do you want? Honestly, I found that the surgery type, or some of the area boards in bigger places like Texas are a good place to meet people. I went to one of the events when I first had my WLS and had moved to texas. good luck finding people!

Ann

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
anti
on 12/11/12 4:49 am - Lafeyette, LA

thanks for the reply, i had the gastric bypass currently at my goal weight 175lb from 355lbs.

interested in people around my age group who's willing to maintain their weight loss or encouragement achieving it.

not interested in whiners and people who can not let go old habits try to cut comers to find ways to 'cheat' the tool that imo is a blessing...

(this is why the Lafayette support group is sad)

aphephobicfriend
on 12/11/12 12:15 pm - Ocala, FL

ah. well, support groups are always a mix of people, and I find people that need support (i.e. the less than 100 % sucessful) tend to gravitate toward those groups. I honestly just found people on here individually, and then met them in person. There are a few that I still keep in touch with. Additionally, I think there are livestrong and facebook groups that may widen your search net. also, some surgeons try to do some networking with their patients. If the support 'groups' in Lafayette are just whining sessions, then I encourage you to be creative in how you find people to connect to.

How old are you? are you in school or working?

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 445 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2174 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4086 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views