2 weeks post op

R. Parton
on 3/27/13 6:21 am - TN
Today is my 2 week mark and instead of being happy, I'm depressed. In the past my weight has been up and down. And I know I should be thankful and think of this as a tool. But instead I'm so worried if I'll be able to do this for the rest of my life. I'm only 27 and can I keep up with all the protein, vitamins, and 64 oz for 50 more years if I'm lucky. And its life or death.
Thanks for any advice.
magical_lady76
on 3/27/13 6:30 am

Try to remember this is how you get the next 50 years of life.

R. Parton
on 3/27/13 8:42 am - TN
Very true. And I try to remember that.
artmaker
on 3/28/13 3:48 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with
Also remember the surgery and rapid weight loss really mess with or hormones the first few weeks. I know i was super emotional the first few weeks, and questioning everything. You may have these feeling now, but soon your body will begin to adjust and heal and you'll start to see and feel how worth it it is!

"Only the noble of heart are called to difficulty"

-Soren Kierkegaard

PhillyGator
on 4/3/13 12:16 pm

I'm honestly taking this surgery one day at a time. I'm about a month out and have learned this is the easiest way to go.

I plan my meals out a few days in advance and then just live my life. My only real rules at this point are protein and water. A big thing they talk about in cognitive behavior therapy is "chunking." Don't take it as 50 years, but perhaps 3 months or even 3 weeks at a time.

Good luck with everything!

http://weightnolongerajourney.blogspot.com/

dorky_kelly
on 4/4/13 5:50 am
RNY on 12/11/12

My psychologist said the same thing during my psych eval.  Take it one day at a time.  Don't worry about tomorrow or the next day or a month from now.  Do what you CAN do today, and just worry about today.

That being said, I do worry about tomorrow a little.  I do try to plan my meals and make exercise plans ahead for the week.

AGE:  29  |  HEIGHT:  5'5"  |  HW:  375  |  SW:  349 (12/11/12)

Food Journal/Exercise Log 

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 444 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2166 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4082 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views