New here

Ms_Silly
on 4/8/13 1:25 pm

Hello :) I just joined this site. I have really been inspired to join because even though I am just beginning my journey I know support is going to be so important. I'm 24. I feel like everyone is going to shoot me down when they find out that I want WLS. You guys understand what I'm going through don't you? I just feel like if I wait any longer to do something things are going to get worse and I know that my change has so to drastic. Losing 20lbs is just not going to cut it anymore :( I'm still trying to figure this site out, but I hope that I can make some friends up here and we can support each other through our journeys

dorky_kelly
on 4/9/13 3:33 am
RNY on 12/11/12

Welcome, Ms_Silly!  People may shoot you down, but you need to stand up for what you think is right.  I am 29, and I hopefully will have a longer, better quality of life ahead now that I've had WLS.  Don't worry about what others think.

AGE:  29  |  HEIGHT:  5'5"  |  HW:  375  |  SW:  349 (12/11/12)

Food Journal/Exercise Log 

Ms_Silly
on 4/9/13 9:29 am

Thank you. I have talked to my mother and long term boyfriend about my want and decision for wls. They are totally behind me and it makes me feel great, but they were the easy ones too lol. Today I actually told my best friend that I just thought would tell me I was going to far, but she was behind me as well. So I'm feeling great right now. SO ready to get this show on the rd! I'm attending the required seminar tomorrow, got all of my registration paperwork today & verified everything with Insurance. Wheew. First step.

:)

hall_oatesjunkie
on 4/28/13 1:27 am - FL
RNY on 05/06/13

To be honest, I didnt tell many people. I told my mom, brother, my ex husband, and 2 of  my best friends (the first, I only told because shes an RN and has helped me a lot, and will continue to help me after my surgery on May 6th, the second, I met her at a seminar, so she knew already lol) I will tell everyone after I have the surgery because I just don't want to hear what they have to say. And you can't keep it a secret forever especially from family and closer friends because they will see you shrinking and shrinking and think you've got some kind of illness. I definitely understand what you're going through.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 445 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2170 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4082 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views