I suck at diet :c

Pansito
on 4/16/13 8:38 am - Chile
VSG on 01/28/14

Hi everyone, Im kinda new, and I just wanted to share you my thought coz I know some of you will understand... that I just cant follow the diet! Im having the sleeve in december, I know there's a lot of time to get new habits, but Im having such a hard time with this!  I usually dont eat a lot, but Im very messy with the meal times (like 5 meals, every 3 hours) and sometimes I have to buy unhealty snacks because Im at the institute when I have to eat. 

The first 2 weeks I had this diet I was so happy coz I lost like 6 pounds, but then I regained them and I got sad D: then It was dificult to me to keep going with this diet, specially thinking that Im so far from the surgery.

Im SO FRUSTRATED!  I know Its my own responsibility of course, but I neeeeeeeeded to share this with someone, so THAAANKS if you read it   =D

Love for all!

exohexoh
on 4/16/13 9:29 am - West Chester, PA

i'm not good with eating when i'm supposed to, but i also don't have a schedule right now (unemployed and only have class 1 day a week) which makes it harder. keep healthy snacks on hand for while you're out, like string cheese, protein bars, nuts, fruit, etc. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Nikke2003
on 4/19/13 5:12 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

It's all about a routine! If you can cut out the bad foods (simple carbs and sugar) and get on a set schedule, after 2-3 weeks it really does become a lot easier - but will never be "easy"

Hang in there!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

dorky_kelly
on 4/29/13 5:38 am
RNY on 12/11/12

The best advice I can offer is PLAN AHEAD!  Try to bring food with you whenever possible.  Keep a cooler in your car, if necessary.  I can say that, for me, following directions pre-op was the single most important contributing factor in following directions post-op.  It really did help me develop healthy habits.

Hang in there!

AGE:  29  |  HEIGHT:  5'5"  |  HW:  375  |  SW:  349 (12/11/12)

Food Journal/Exercise Log 

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/13 3:15 am - Worcester, MA
VSG on 02/25/13

Hey,

I completely understand where you are coming from. When I was pre op I didn't diet. I wasn't allowed to because I'd be under 40 bmi. I couldn't lose any weight or my insurance wouldn't pay. When you do have the sleeve done, it will be different, trust me. I was sleeved on Feb. 25, 2013. I am down 45 lbs, and I love my sleeve. It was tough at first but now it's getting easier because I listen to my body. It's not going to be perfect even when you are sleeved. I still struggle with 5 meals a day thing but I don't want to over eat my sleeve either. You stomach will be so small sometimes you don't feel hungry which your not supposed to after your sleeve. That's the beauty of getting it done. You eat to live not live to eat. After when you are sleeved you can only get between 600 to 800 cal a day.

My advice to you is don't look at it as a diet, look at it as your doing it because your new tummy won't feel good after if you don't eat healthy.

If you have any questions or want to friend me let me know! Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 444 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2163 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4082 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6643 views