Need major help

BROWNEYES_24
on 4/21/13 6:30 am
Ok here go... I had my gastric sleeve surgery done in Feb 2010, I lost 130 pounds total,kept it off for a while but has gain 85 back.. I'm so stress and depressed over this . What can I do to jump start my weight loss again.. I been thinking of getting a revision..but before that any advice.
Robin R.
on 4/24/13 12:39 pm - PA
RNY on 10/12/12

If you're working out then a good tip is to switch up your routine. If you do weights and then cardio then switch to cardio then weights. Another thing that some people have done and had success with is starting from scratch with your post op diet rules. a week liquid diet and a week of pureed foods. it helps you remember all the hardships you've gone thru to get where you are and is motivation to stick to rules.

my personal helper when i get down is to get my schedule straight. if i cheat on my foods or i don't get enough exercise it's usually because i'm waking up late or staying up to late. if you keep your sleep schedule straight it'll make it easier for u to keep your vitamins, food prep, and exercise in control.

Good Luck!!

PhillyGator
on 4/27/13 12:28 am

I agree with Robin.

But I also wanted to add that the sleeve is a tool, that you'll have for the rest of your life. So, you can always return to those high protein, lots of liquids days and get back into the weight loss period.

I know this is all easier said than done, but perhaps think back to why you wanted to have this surgery in the first place. Trying to get back to that place before jumping into another surgery might really make you feel much better and less stressed.

Good luck! I'm cheering for you.

http://weightnolongerajourney.blogspot.com/

artmaker
on 5/6/13 10:46 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with

I just wanted to ditto what the previous poster wrote. Though exercise is important for your health, in terms of weight loss, your main focus should be what your eating. If there's anything you absolutely know you shouldn't be eating, do your best to stop. Eat your lean dense proteins first, and if there's room left over, high fiber veggies. I'm not sure if you struggle with carbs, but i find bad carbs in refined sugars, pasta, bread, potatoes all make me crave like crazy; they definitely hinder my weight loss. So, if you take a look at what your eating and see carbs are beating out your proteins, you should do your best to reverse that.

You've done this before, so you have the tools and knowledge to start losing again, it's just going to be a little harder this time. Also, if you haven't already, think about why you've regained. Is there some emotional eating going on? Never be too ashamed or embarrassed to talk to a psychologist if you think you need it.

I WISH YOU THE BEST!!!

"Only the noble of heart are called to difficulty"

-Soren Kierkegaard

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 444 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2163 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4082 views
Feeling lost