Surgery in less than a month!

Choikang
on 10/7/13 1:15 pm

Hello everyone!

I was googling some support groups and possibly some stories and came across this place. I'm hoping to find some support! Though I wasn't worried before, I'm slowly starting to get nervous and a little self conscious about how I'll be even after the surgery and the beginning of the weight loss.

My surgery is November 6th, and I'm getting Gastric Bypass. My mom got it 5 years ago and lost so much weight, was cured of diabetes and is so happy and healthy! I currently weigh 252 pounds, and have been fighting this weight for years. I finally, FINALLY got my approval for surgery after six months of fighting, and of course it's right as we're going to be moving out of Colorado and to Dallas! It came as such a stressful time, but I'm hoping that the change to a new area will help me with socializing and getting to know people. I was worried about losing so much weight so fast in front of the small amount of people I know here, plus those at work, because I'm a little embarrassed to go off telling everyone about it. But I've read some topics here and am amazed at how much support everyone gives.

Though I have support from my family and a few choice coworkers, my one close friend that I told doesn't support me at all and has told me I've made a mistake. So here I am, hoping to get some reassurance!

What's it like shortly after surgery? How is adapting to the eating, how is the hospital stay? I've heard it's 3 days. I've had 5 other surgeries for many medical problems that I'm hoping this surgery will put an end to, so I can start being healthy!

I'm slowly becoming scared, but it'll be nice to have some people to talk to. Sorry for my ramble, guess it's the pre-op jitters.

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 444 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2166 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4082 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views