Nerves and anxiety

tkeevs13
on 10/17/14 1:36 am - Colorado Springs, CO

I have been over weight and severely overweight for the last 5 years. I'm fed up with it and I have studying and researching VSG. I have my mind set and I want it. I go to see my PCM on Monday. I'm the type of person who has avoided the doctor due to my weight. I am 5'6 and 246lbs. I have no (known co-morbidity) and I am resting at a BMI of 39.7. I want a referral from my doctor for the bariatric program at Evans Hospital so badly. I am extremely nervous that I wont get it and that I'll be denied. Has anyone here had surgery at Fort Carson, CO? Did you have Tricare Prime? What hoops did ou have to jump through and what should I expect, realistically? Thank you in advance!

boni310
on 11/3/14 6:56 am - Paramount, CA

They will qualify u at a BMI of 35 only if u have diabetes, high blood pressure or anything that is risking your life because of your weight...what i suggest you do is on ur consultation day is put on some ankle weights and some 2 pound dumbbells on ur pockets so u can reach a bmi of 40 so u can definitely qualify :) Good Luck :D

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 445 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2171 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4082 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views