New

momspeer
on 12/31/07 11:06 am

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. :)  My name is Marion and I am married and mother of two.  I have not had the surgery yet.  I have done the six months weight loss seen the psychology my surgeon and see the Registered DIetician next Friday.  I have had an ultasound done on 12/26 to check for gall bladder stone???  and  and echo done.  I am looking for as much advice I can get from people that have had the Roux-en-Y.   I am ready for this but nervous they will still deny me.  I hope I am not doing all this for nothing.  I am not worried about insurance as that is not a problem.  What else do they need form me?  Was it hard adjusting after surgery?  I think my biggest fear is eating enough after surgery with two young ones.  I think I am just blabbing right now .......  I hope you all have a wonderful new year and look forward to all the support I can get. 

caleab
on 12/31/07 11:51 am - Redding, CA
   I guess I will follow your lead and introduce myself also.  As 2008 starts, I'm hoping that Blue Cross approves me also (I really need both of my insurance policies to pre-approve me!!).    I'm 34 and have been overweight ever since I can remember.  I've been researching WLS for about 3 years now and made up my mind this past spring.  I had my initial consultation with the hospital's program director in May.  Since they don't work on smokers, I had to remedy that problem first.  I quit smoking in June and never looked back (can't thank Chantix enough for the assistance :)  So anyway... welcome to the boards -) Caleab
momspeer
on 1/2/08 7:53 am
Welcome.  I hope you have a smooth Journey throurgh the process with your insurance.  ANd congrats on quiting smoking.  I quit in july of 2001 but not for the purpose of surgery but becasue I wanted children.   I am going to a  support meeeing for bariatric nutrition and then a  support meeting for bariatric patients at my hospital tomorrow evening.  I am looking forward to getting some perspective on things from people that deal with it daily.  Then my apt on Friday and then it is a waiting game to see if I am aproved between the physcologist, nutrition and the surgeon.  I for some reason seem very optimistic which is strange cause I am usually a pesimist.  I see this sugery taking place very soon for me.  I keep telling my husband it will be the third week of January.  We shall see though.
Diamond Girl
on 1/2/08 2:40 am - Ham Lake, MN
Welcome to you both! I can't offer RNY advice as I am still pre-op also, but going with the Duodenal Switch surgery vs. RNY. Good luck on your journey's and keep posting here.
momspeer
on 1/2/08 3:50 am
Thanks for atleast beign around:)  I hope your sugery goes well.  I am so nervous.  Not so much about the surgery  but what is it that I will be able to eat.  I am not to sure on the protein shakes.  I am  going to a support nutrition group and bariatric support group tomorrow to see if I can learn more.  Then I will have more questions to ask the nutritionist on Friday at my apt.
Peggy G.
on 1/3/08 8:15 am - Cedar City, UT
Hello and welcome new folks!!! :)

384 / 233 / 288 current/ 146 for life

Proud OH Support Group Leader! Visit the Southern Utah Group

tuckang
on 1/3/08 10:00 am - Shakopee, MN
Welcome to the both of you. This is a great place to get support and answers to your questions. I just had my surgery 3 weeks tomorrow. Things went really well and I'm feeling better well too! About food I can honestly tell you that I am never hungry nor do I even think of food. Someone once said to me that after this surgery you Eat to live not live to eat! This is so true. I eat because I have to not because I want to. I have lost about 20lbs and I'm not quite a month out yet. So far I have no regrets! I'm really looking foward to what the future holds.  I wish you both the best of luck on your journey. If you ever have any questions for a new post-op person feel free to send me a message.  Take Care
God Bless, Angela
"You can't love if you don't love yourself"
Shatcher
on 1/13/08 10:51 am - Harrison, ME

Hello, Stopping by to introduce myself as well. My name is Stephanie.  A married mother of 2 amazing children ages 3 1/2 & 2 ~ boy and girl.  I had surgery on 4/9/07.  After some complications I am now on my journey down!

I do have trouble eating with 2 little ones.  It seems what's on my plate is much more appetizing than what's on theirs even if it is the exact same thing.  I measure out my meals so I usually end up eating a lot less than I should.  I've begun to get the munchies b/t meals so now have nuts in my truck & on the kitchen counter for those times when I just can't help myself.  It's not an easy lifestyle to adjust to but it's so worth the extreme effort!!

Good luck!

Stephanie

View Full Size Image

Most Active
Recent Topics