Hey 40somethings, has weight loss aged your face?

MSW will not settle
on 10/15/09 2:15 am
There is not much activity on this board, but  I'd like to share the experiences of my own age group. 

How has your face fared after weight loss?  What products do you use to tighten the skin on your face and neck?  Anyone use products designed for sensative skin?

I haven't wrinkled but I now have a far thinner face with puffy frown lines.  They are more like loose skin falling to the center than creases.  I look ten years older than I did post op.  

Suggestions please?  What is your experience?

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

lizzybear
on 10/26/09 1:18 pm - Olympia, WA
Mine's aged a lot, too.  I'm going to be trying the Olay Pro series stuff here in a week or so.  I'll be home recovering from my TT and figure once I'm off the pain pills and not always sleeping, I'll use the time off work to see if using that stuff faithfully can help!  I don't know why, but the thought of having a face lift scares the heck out of me - more than any other plastic surgery does!  I guess because if it doesn't look wonderful when it's done, you can put clothes over the body parts, but not the face!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

MSW will not settle
on 11/12/09 1:38 pm
Do post your product review!
FindingAndrea
on 3/19/10 8:54 am - Waterbury Center, VT
I'm curious how much time is a good amount of time for recovery from that surgery? Good luck with your recovery.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

ejjy
on 10/27/09 2:19 am - Watertown, MA
i can't tell yet, but it doesn't appear so.  i'm convinced being overweight made me look much older than i do now.  but, i can see where i'm going to have some sagging jowels.  my eyes looked very sunken and bruised when i was fatter, i think they are going to improve.

however i'm obsessed with finding effective skin care products.  right now my favors is developing to be the Jason line from Whole Foods (i also am obsessed with finding paraben-free and where possible all-natural skin care).  i have wicked sensitive skin.

ann bellina (http://store.annabellina.com/) has extremely high-quality skin care products at extremely good prices, mostly organic, all paraben-free last i checked, i really liked them but right now even at their relatively low prices i can't afford them.  i still have some of their eye serum which i use regularly, when i run out i'll probably go to Jason's ester-c if i am still a fan.

microdermabrasion and skin peels are supposed to be excellent rejuvenators, but you want to get them at a salon IMO, by an experienced professional. 

Exfoliating twice a week can go a long way to improving skin tone.  I use a papaya-gylcolic "gentle skin peel" (not really a peel but seems to be a pretty effective exfoliant) by earthscience.  i have been using twice a week for a few weeks and it hasn't irritated my face, which surprised me. 

I just ordered some jason ester-c face serum which i plan to start using daily.  i use jason's "nourish" line of face moisturizer which i love, and then the anna bellina eye serum (because it's handy) and then some vickery & clark eye cream - when that runs out, i will probably try the Jason line again.

i use vickery & clark cleanser & toner also (and used to use their moisturizer) just because it was the only paraben-free line available over the counter in my area, outside of whole foods.  so it was convenient, but they aren't stocking them anymore, hence my move to jasons.

i've also been using Jason's vitamin E body lotion and really love it so far.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

MSW will not settle
on 11/12/09 1:42 pm
Thanks for the list.  Till now I had no obvious aging.  I really need to firm and tighten on a budget.  I'll check these out.   
N H.
on 10/27/09 5:59 am - FL

Yes, I think so.  Since May I have lost a total of 66 pounds and there are more wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead.  I have been thinking this is due to fat loss in the face.

No constructive suggestions to help here, I think the only thing that will help is a Plastic Surgeon!

Pre Op-Surgery-Current-Goal
                                            232  -    213   -  153 - 150

5'4" tall
Stage 1 Plastics 10/20/10 with Dr. Adrian Menjarrez-Mexicali
Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck    
FindingAndrea
on 11/11/09 10:01 am - Waterbury Center, VT
 I've experienced this too. I like these lines and my stretch marks elsewhere. i think they are battle scars/victory marks.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

MSW will not settle
on 11/12/09 1:51 pm
I do have the victory skin but please God, not the face!
MSW will not settle
on 11/12/09 1:48 pm
Ironically I spoke to one informally about procedures to fix mid face issues.  He evaluated me on the spot and insists I will not need a facelift. 

He does has an associate that specializes th the area I'm concerned about but he would not touch me without waiting a year after goal for my face to fix itself.  Bottom line, come back in 2011.  I hope he is right. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 264 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3566 views