Hi, I am so depressed.

Hershee
on 3/21/12 7:33 am - PA
I've been down for some time now. I can even explain why. Most of my friends are not my friends anymore after my surgery. I had my surgery on July 27,2011. My weight was 265pds at the time. Now I am 180pds as of today 03-21-2012. I am starting to over eat and it is making me sick. I need help. Is there someone out there I can talk to?  
Jaybee766
on 3/28/12 9:09 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
Hi,
I sure hope you found someone.  There are therapists everywhere and your surgeon may be able to refer someone who has worked with people with food issues.  Hang in there.
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

Doris Cervenka
on 5/13/12 12:48 pm, edited 5/13/12 1:36 pm - Ganado, TX
  The worst thing can is to give up and do nothing.Depression is serious disease.  Asking for help is great but, Getting  the right kind of help is important.  Don't close yourself off.  Mental compulsive overeating is very serious. Losing friends after having surgery and  losing a weight happens. Depression and Compulsive overeating go hand and hand.  The Shame, Depression, Anger and Fear people feel from overeating never changes.   The struggling with weight lose never ends.  The first can do fight Depression is to walk every day or get some exercise.  That is what a doctor would tell you. If that does not work.  Don't be be afraid to about getting on Depression medication.  You  need to figure out why you are overeatting .  Is it Depression or Just mindless eating or Grazing in small amounts all day.  What are you eating.  Is it Sweets .Is it  fruits.  Is it Carbs. Your self image has changed since your weight lose. Being afraid and alone losing friends, family because, Of all the changes in your life.  Getting Help with deal with  and understanding these changes is important.  Getting real therapy and couseling is important.  Learning to like and love yourself as you are is important.  Don,t always have to know why you over eat .  To stop yourself from Compulsively eatting  and mindless overeatting.  Just recongizing that are doing it is one of  the most important part to stopping the overeatting and abusing your body.
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 264 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3567 views