SURGERY HERE I COME

Cherdra
on 9/25/12 1:41 pm - Pickering, Canada
I am currentley 47 years old, and I am scheduled to have the Vertical Sleeve (VSG) Operation at Humber Regional Hospital (Finch Site) with Dr. Klein in Toronto. Ontario, November 13, 2012. This is the first part of the DS, with my BMI being so high (64), I was told to have the operation in 2 stages. I was also told the 2ND stage is not always required if enough weight is lost with the sleeve alone. Anyone who has had this surgery and can provide any advise at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am a newbie with regards to the sleeve, as all along I have been so focused on the DS. Also any results for a BMI over 60 positive or negative would also help me so much. And lastly if anyone can explain the whole hospital procedure, and what foods I will be able to eat to lose a large portion of weight when I am 6 or 7 weeks out of surgery would be soooo appreciated!!! I AM BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS, I AM SO EXCITED TO BEGIN MY NEW JOURNEY IN LIFE, AND I COULD NOT DO IT WITHOUT THE SUPPORT I HAVE/WILL RECEIVE.

Thanks again,
Cheryl
susie24
on 9/26/12 2:09 am - Minneapolis, MN
RNY on 10/15/12
Hi, My name is Suzanne and i am 44 years "young" and i am having the RNY on Oct. 15, 2012 here in Minnesota.  I just wanted to let you know that i share your excitement in embarking on this new journey of our lives!  I scan all of the blog posts thoroughout the day and want to know what to expect pre and post operatively.    I don't have a lot to post about the DS and/or VSG but my cousin had it done approx. one month ago in St. Louis, MO and is doing great and is down quite a bit of weight already and is feeling great and has a new "lease on life" if you will! 

Hope all goes well for you! 
Susie
Cherdra
on 9/26/12 4:36 am - Pickering, Canada
Thanks so much Susie!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 261 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 515 views
Hello New Here