Recent Posts

Partlypollyanna
on 10/25/21 4:14 am, edited 10/24/21 9:14 pm
RNY on 02/14/18
Topic: RE: how much weight did you lose?

My highest weight pre-op was 306, my lowest was 143.

I do some type of exercise every day, with very rare exceptions, for mental and physical health. My program required a commitment to that and I have tried a lot of different things to find the exercises that I enjoy and will stick to,

Don't let anyone tell you that post-op isn't hard, you are constantly fighting the mental aspects (I found that harder than the physical) but being obese is hard too. Choose your hard. Glad your program has a psychological component; for me, that is really the hardest part -- learning to identify and manage your brain.

I think the RNY thread is the most active one on here; feel free to join in over there -- regardless of which surgery you are looking at,

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Jetta311
on 10/19/21 7:28 pm
Topic: how much weight did you lose?

did you reach your goal weight? what percentage of weight did you lose? how much do you exercise?

I'm still going through assessment steps psychologist friday. I'm 47 and wondering what to expect? I weigh 265 ultimate goal 130, realistic liveable goal 165. Will I get there? how hard will it be? haven't gone through metapause yet, not even pre they tell me and relatives had kids in 50's so I have to be cautious.

bkward
on 4/16/20 6:37 am - OAKLEY, CA
Topic: Good Morning new to this forum and Bariatric journey

Good Morning to everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself my name is Brandy and I am 39 knocking on 40's door I am new to the Bariatric surgery prep process I look forward to getting to know other on the same journey

14u2c
on 12/14/19 6:50 am
Topic: Hello New Here

Hello everyone I'm new here I'm pre-op VSG I'm in my 40s just wanted to say hello to everyone

14u2c
on 12/14/19 6:49 am
Topic: Hello New Here

Hello everyone I'm new here I'm pre-op VSG I'm in my 40s just wanted to say hello to everyone

Allison L.
on 10/10/17 4:13 am - Berkeley, CA
Topic: Back to Bariatric Basics

Hi all! I had VSG in June 2014 and lost 80 pounds. Six months later I found myself pregnant and while I'm thrilled to be a mom, it's hard to maintain that weight loss! I'm here for the support and community of y'all while I work on getting back to those basics.

How are you all doing? Any and all feedback on toeing that line and staying the course very welcome!

lynamerangue
on 7/29/17 12:08 pm
Topic: RE: New Here

Im at the beginning of my journey. I am meeting the surgeon for the first time on Aug 3. I wish you all the best and hope you enjoy your "new life". Keep in touch, would love to hear how you made out.

thegarv
on 4/18/17 6:26 pm
Topic: RE: Girlie issue and feeling full questions....

I haven't had my surgery yet, but a good friend did 3 years ago. She said her hormones went crazy (I didn't know this, but as you lose fat, where hormones are stored, they start flowing into your system at a fairly quick rate..this was confirmed by my consult dr), and her periods were crazy and heavy for the first year or so. I'm not looking forward to that as I have always had really severe cramps. Heating pads for cramps and belly ache? Suck on ice cubes for water (they make me relaxed, for some reason)? I'm new here, but just brainstorming.

ManyBlessings
on 9/12/16 9:23 am - Clermont, FL
Topic: RE: Where are my fellow 40 somethings?

Hi Teena.

I had my RNY in 2005. I lost half in the first year, then was offered a job opportunity (which was a HUGE distraction) and ended up being my downfall. I stopped losing weight but recently (June 2016) picked up on it again. I had gone from my original low of 265 up to 297. I have now lost all of that and am back at my original lowest weight and am continuing to push forward!

I haven't found any support groups yet and would love to make some friends on here. Come check out my blog "ManyBlessings". 

Diane S.

It's not just the WEIGHT you LOSE, it's the LIFE you GAIN

RNY, Mar.2005Dr. Muhammed Jawad - Orlando, FL | S.W. 420 lb. - G.W. 160 lb.

seasley
on 4/15/16 1:36 pm
RNY on 12/17/15
Topic: RE: Where are my fellow 40 somethings?

I just had my surgery in December prior to my 42nd birthday. I am doing great, no issues and losing weight . My surgeon told me this week that i will be one of the lucky ones and will lose more then expected . It is an adjustment but well worth it. I think my age has nothing to do with my results.

good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 263 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3565 views